Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
Simybee

Sky Go in HD?

Hello Everyone!

I have a question that I would very much like to know the answer to!

Is Sky Go going to go HD? Or are there any plans to do so?

My usage of Sky Go would go up considerably if this was to happen, with the broadband speeds increasing around the country to be able to handle streaming as well as downloading this content in HD I can only see that this would be a sensible move by Sky.

If anyone could let me know that would be great!

Thanks,

Simybee!

:smileyvery-happy:

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: Sky Go in HD?

Hi Simybee, 

I'm afraid we have no information regarding plans for Sky Go to offer HD content for streaming, I will however pass your comments on to the team.

Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
Tango1968

[ Edited ]

Hi, will you be able to download HD content when using "anytime+" on Sky Go as at the moment I could only get "1.4" quality when I downloaded K19-The Widowmaker which is pretty poor!!!

Cheers

Russell

Super User
caesarome

There is no HD content on SkyGo, would be nice if there was.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Explorer
Methos

I think this will be something for the very near future. I use sky go Germany which was launched a while back and sky sports hd are available on it when using wifi. It also suggests a minimum speed of 6 meg which could be why sky are holding it off at the moment. They can't guarantee that speed in all areas.
I'm New Here
4ahh

I had Sky Go on my iPad2. Unfortunately, I broke the iPad2 and had to get a new one. Having restored my backup, including all the apps, I can't get Sky Go to offer hd channels. Any ideas?
The Fixer
Son+of+Viv

4ahh,

there is no HD content on Sky Go. I would hope that Sky would sort out all the problems that are present at the moment with Sky Go before they even start to think about HD content, Also it would be a waste of time unless they stopped blocking Android tablets.

I'm New Here
GH0ST24

If you're using such a small screen as the iPad2 has, why are you bothered about HD

The screen is so small you couldn't possibly tell the difference.

You only need HD when using screens 32 inches & above. Anything smaller than 32 inch & the human eye cannot tell the difference

Explorer
Rich+HI

My Sony Laptop had 1080P screen on 15.5" and I can fully see the difference. I do not use Sky Go as it is low definition and also due to copyright restrictions making live service only available domestically. It is amazing how many people still stick to low definition.

Explorer
davey22

Thats Rubbish! my son was watching Sky sports last night on his laptop wich is roughly 15-17 inches and pic quality was shiite ! HD stream would have vastly improved the pic quality and my present broadband speed is 36 megs with BT infinity, so its nothing to do with that !

GH0ST24 wrote:

If you're using such a small screen as the iPad2 has, why are you bothered about HD

The screen is so small you couldn't possibly tell the difference.

You only need HD when using screens 32 inches & above. Anything smaller than 32 inch & the human eye cannot tell the difference

I'm New Here
Tim+Ballard

[ Edited ]

GH0ST24 I think you're getting a bit confused on the screen size issue!  It's not just the screen size that plays a part in whether you can decern the difference between HD and SD it's the distance the viewer is from the screen! An iPad being used at normal distance is going to be equivalent to a 42" TV at 3m (if you don't believe me hold one up where you normally sit to watch TV and compare it's visual size to your TV)

A 15" laptop being used on a lap will have a far bigger equivalent sized screen, easily enough to see the impact of a HD stream.

I'm New Here
FlamingDeath

I think what you have all overlooked is not the screen size or the distance of the viewer. It is really the screen size + Dots per Inch (DPI) = High Def.

It really annoys me when people talk about 1080p etc. Yeah a 100 foot wide 1080p tv is gonna look REALLY High def isnt it lol. It boils down to the DPI, which is why retina displays look so nice

I'm New Here
Rhiannon01

Sky should be making HD tv shows available on Sky go. If I have to pay extra for HD channels then I want to be able to access them on the go also same thing applies to sky go extra at an extra £5 a month I want the option of HD
I'm New Here
Strathiee

This is true if you are sitting the reccomened 96 inches from your 32 inch screen. Since I am glued up inbetween 3 27 inch 2560x1600 monitors, the low res of sky go really is quite bad. It would be nice if they added the feature for those who want it