Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
klenzza

Re: Samsung galaxy tab2 sky go

agreed what a joke tryed to set up skygo on galaxy tabs the only reason i got em by the way ...and no joy i recon we should show a protest and turn over to virgin media.... sky have took a bung from apple for this

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
klenzza

anyone else reads this put the link on your facebook account ...if everyone cancelled at least one of their sky packages in protest and hit sky where it hurts IN THE POCKET COZ THATS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT you wouldnt belive how many people are complaining about this topic!!!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
brettbkw

I agree, really not happy with sky over this....I have also seen an ipad being used and a remote control to change stations on the sky box but dont seem to be able to do this on my galaxy tab or s3...any else found this?
dsg
Contributor
dsg

@brettbkw

Download Zeebox from the play store to use your device as a sky remote until Sky can be bothered to get serious about Android development.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note: An allegation is an assertion of fact. Anything posted above is merely an expression of opinion and contains no allegations, unproven, unfounded or otherwise.
Contributor
geoffmarti

Zeebox =not compatible!!
Occasional Visitor
brettbkw

@dsg

As Geoff said this Zeebox also isn't compatible, although it is with my s3 and works well although it doesn't function the sky+ features, but thanks anyway
snoogy

come on sky. you get £100 odd a month out of me sort this out, just port it to the tab.
Occasional Visitor
dont+belive+it

Done the same thing cant belive it they make billions in profit but dont make it available to all what a croc.....not happy at all....
snoogy

[ Edited ]

It's absolutely terrible. They advertise sketch go on the adverts for the [REMOVED] ipad but nothing for the Android tabs. Something needs to be done. I would quit sky for [REMOVED] like this. We need numbers to do the same thing.

Visitor
Jazzii

i've also got a galaxy tab 2 and was frustrated to find this out. However, I think its unfair to blame sky completely for this. Android lacks standardisation, theres so many different devices that have their own non standard version of android. With ios you have just 2, one for ipad and one for iphone. Sky go needs to be tested on devices both mobile and tablet and then, with each manufacturer having their own version of android (except the nexus brand) then non flagship devices such as our galaxy tab 2s et al get pushed to the back of the queue. Sky is Ios heavy on development at this point in time but it will change. As Silverlight is due to be phased out soon in favour of html 5, you should be able to just use a normal browser.2013 should be interesting
Contributor
smartpulse

Jazzii you are wrong in what you say - sky are completely at fault - they do not have to write device specific just do what decent app writers do and that is write for the os kernel - the same as they do for ios!
Visitor
Jazzii

smartpulse, im not sure where you've got you info but you're well out. do you think that all manufacturers use the same kernal? I'll give you an example. Toshiba have their own tegra kernal, there's also armv5, armv6, armv7, a device like a sony xperia x 10 mini has a uses arm6 whereas the xperia arc s uses arm7, a different kernal. As I said there are many different kernals around and many are manufacturer specific, many are device specific and then if new hardware comes out with a different processor, it usually means a new kernal.If sky go is released for a toshiba device, it has to be rewritten for a Samsung device. If sky go comes out on a galaxy S3, it has to be rewritten for the Galaxy Tab 2 and then there's app optimisation between the smaller smartphone screen and a 7 inch tablet, and then a 10 inch tablet............ This takes a lot of time and money unfortunately. So in effect, its not all down to sky is it? By comparisom Apple use their own XNU kernal on which Osx is built which the late Mr Jobs brought with him from Next computers and started the apple revolution in the late 90s. One set of hardware with a common kernal and the same OS is much easier and quicker to develop for. Please check you facts before you try and shoot me down, this stuff is all over the internet and a quick google search will tell you lots, and, if people are really that unhappy then have a look at rooting your android device. You can then flash a non standard kernal to the rom of your tablet. Do your research and one of these will work with sky go.
dsg
Contributor
dsg

All very well Jazzii but if you did your research you'd soon realise that Sky puts a great deal of effort into blocking custom ROMS, kernels and rooted devices generally. More effort seemingly than it puts into developing its to actually work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note: An allegation is an assertion of fact. Anything posted above is merely an expression of opinion and contains no allegations, unproven, unfounded or otherwise.
Occasional Visitor
adi1

sky go on samsung galaxy 2

Why sky go is not working on my samsung galaxy 2?
Super User
caesarome

Re: sky go on samsung galaxy 2

That question has been answered here:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-on-Android/Samsung-galaxy-tab2-sky-go/m-p/737720#U737720

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.