Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Sound Designer

Sky Go for Samsung Galaxy Tablet Range , Galaxy Tab 2 , 7inch, 10.1 inch and Galaxy Note 10.1 PLEASE

[ Edited ]

THREAD CLOSED - SEE LAST PAGE HERE

All those with new Galaxy Tablets, and who have bought Galaxy tablets as christmas presents add your voice here and if we are lucky sky go will help us.
Users of Samsung Galaxy Tablet users have been waiting a lot longer than Nexus 7 users so it is annoying there tablets have the Sky Go app and we do not.

Boom Operator

Re: Sky Go for Samsung Galaxy Tablet Range , Galaxy Tab 2 , 7inch, 10.1 inch and Galaxy Note 10.1 PL

1000% with you all the way! Bought my wife a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 for Christmas, and just had Sky World HD installed, with Sky Fibre and Talk to come. Went to get the Sky Go app ...... "Computer says NO!" Really???? Come on Sky! Sort it out.
Oracle

Re: Sky Go for Samsung Galaxy Tablet Range , Galaxy Tab 2 , 7inch, 10.1 inch and Galaxy Note 10.1 PL

I should start by pointing out I'll be looking for a new 10" tablet to replace my ailing Advent Vega soon, so the Samsung Tab range are certainly in my sights.

So, I'm in no way defending Sky here as I agree with the sentiments regarding lack of tablet support, but I think the reasons why Nexus 7 support came sooner are quite obvious.

Firstly, it runs "pure" Android. This makes it simpler to develop the app for it.

Secondly the Nexus 7 has no HDMI capability, which we all know is a pet hate of Sky's. Again, this simplifies the development process since there's no need to mess around disabling it.

Thirdly, sheer numbers and popularity. We all know the Galaxy Tab range has sold well, but I suspect the Nexus 7 has sold as many, if not more, than all the Tabs put together in the comparitively short time it's been out.

Now like I've said, I still don't believe these reasons are actually necessarily correct, but I suspect these would be Sky's reasons based on their previous comments and stance on these matters.

Fully agree that Android tablet support needs to come sooner rather than later though. Sky's continued perceived bias towards fruit based products is clear, just watch Sky News or Sky Sports. They all have iPads. This needs to change.

KingfisherUKSky Q 2TB & Virgin Vivid 200  Volunteer Beta Tester  Community Oracle
Sound Designer

I hear what you are saying but in the last few months since Samsung slashed there prices , they have sold about 10 000 units a week , also they for more than 2 years have been one of the few alternatives ( along with transformer range ) to Ipad.

I do not buy the hdmi challange , no issues with netflux, lovefilm or sky go ( on laptop) , also I have hdmi and allshare cast on my Galaxy note 2 and S3 and yet now have sky go on these phones.
This talk of hdmi is pure utter nonsence !
The most soldvTablet this Christmas will ge Samsung so get this sorted please sky.
Sound Designer

Can all with Samsung Tablets please add your sapport and lets get it sorted.
Boom Operator

Here, here. I've a Tab 10.1. Please support these tablets. Surely there cant be that much difference between all the diffeent samsung tabs to make mass support fairly straightforward???

Although if the picture quality is anything like it is on my Nexus 7, then its not worth bothering with. I've used Sky Go on a Galaxy S3, ipad and laptop (i only use in a window on half the screen), which are all fine, but it looks very pixelated on the N7.

Researcher

I did lots of research,before buying my Samsung Galaxy Tab,but didn't even bother,to check if it was compatible,with Sky Go. Was disappointed and quite astonished,when I found it wasn't.

Boom Operator

As the owner of a bright, shiny, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 I want to add my voice to this thread. Surely these larger tablets are just perfect for Skygo so it's so disappointing not to have it available. Smiley Sad

Boom Operator

[ Edited ]

This HDMI <removed> is a red herring and exactly that, <removed>!!!

One simple example puts that to rest : laptops and desktops with an HDMI out can be connected to a TV using Sky Go. Why hasn't this been disabled or not released at all for that reason????

Hmmmmm???

As I said <removed>!

Wake up Sky and support your loyal customers please.

Series Linker

i was very disappointed to see that my samsung galaxy tab 2 was not supported on the latest list of supported android devices, please sort this out asap sky please, i dont understand if there are working off the same platform as other supported galaxy devices that the tabs cannot be added.

Sound Designer

Tab 2 owner X 2 adding support.

Sound Designer

Are you reading this SKY ? There are tens of thousands of new Samsung Tab 2 and Note 10.1 users who are very upset. Are you going to wait until this blows upmin your face ? ? Please sort it out .
Researcher

Another new Tab 2 owning Sky customer mightily disappointed
Sound Designer

SKY, please understand that this problem is going to snowball and go from bad to worse. Most of these Samsung Tablets have been bought as Christnas presents and there are going to be a heck of a lot angry , annoyed customers holding you responsbkefir putting a dampner on Christnas . Are you happy with that and bad PR that goes along with it ?
Boom Operator

They wont support the galaxy tab range. The note 10.1 may have a slim chance of support but thats about it.
Expect to wait another 6 months for a list of newly supported device's.