Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
wyvo

Sky Go error [t6038-c1501]

Ive been getting this error for a couple weeks now, any1 got any advice???

Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
joeloak

Re: Sky Go error [t6038-c1501]

Its Microsoft Silverlight that is affecting it. Open it from start -> go to application storage -> delete anything that mentions sky or sky go -> ensure enable application storage is checked -> go to playback -> ensure enable download and updates is checked -> try Sky Go again!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Hi wyvo,

Can you tell me if the advice that joeloak has given fixed the issue you're having?

Please come back and let us know.

Many Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
Doran

Would just like to add I also had the error wyvo was experiencing. The advice given by joeloak was perfect and fixed my issue.

Occasional Visitor
Morphsm8

Thanks joeloak!

For a horrid 5 minutes there I thought I wouldn't be able to watch the cricket!  

Gaw'd bless ya!

Occasional Visitor
Morby90

Hitting the same issue here today, and deleting silverlight stuff hasn't fixed it :-(

Super User
caesarome

After deleting those enteries try rebooting your computer. If you have tried to use Sky Go again then you might need to go back and delete any again before rebooting.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Morby90

Afraid I already tried deleting the silverlight stuff and rebooting before logging back in :-(

On upside, just under 2 weeks to solve this before Friday F1 practise :-P What else can I try?

Super User
caesarome

You could try unistalling Silverlight via your control pannel, then rebooting and loging into Sky Go as it should them prompt you to install Silverlight again.

Warning: You have to be careful though because doing this could delete your device(s) and you might have to wait a month before being able to use Sky Go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Morby90

Ok, currently following advice from Rob on the Sky Help Team twitter account atm, don't want to loose access for a whole month!!

Occasional Visitor
Morby90

Fixed by installing Silverlight 5.0.61118 as discussed here: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Using-Sky-Go/Sky-Go-Error-code-t6030-c1501/td-p/421981/page/2

This is a Silverlight compatibility issue (apparently there was an update recently)

Occasional Visitor
Derek+B737

Thanks just followed your instructions can now watch Sky Go again.

Kudos given

Derek

Occasional Visitor
Derek+Ireland

Worked perfect....

Thank you

/Derek

Occasional Visitor
scottsdad

I had the same problem , on the little screen that displays the message about error t60008-c1501 .Right click,silverlight will come up,click on this,a menu will appear click playback,then in dropdown check the box enable download security Etc,then click OK IT SHOULD NOW WORK , if silverligt does not come up when you right click screen you will have to reinstall silverlight

daveafree

have you recently up dated silverlight 5.16... . i had the same trouble went to oldapps.com downloaded silverlight 5.016...

uninstalled silverlight from add remove progs turn off laptop restart, install downloaded silverlight 5.016...

make sure you untick the box that says update automatic by right clicking on the tv box screen you will find the update 

box by clicking update at top of the silverlight screen ,hope it works for you.