Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
SamKumra
Accepted Solution

Sky Go doesn't play smoothly on PC - help!

Sky Go doesn't play smoothly on my PC - plays fine on my iphone, but would like to use a bigger screen sometimes!

Audio is fine but video is jerky, unwatchable.   I can watch Sky News via Sky News website and other On Demand services work fine, such as BBC iplayer (even HD content streams perfectly) and 4OD.   So why won't Sky Go work?

PC has a Intel Pentium P6100, 4GB DDR3 Memory and running Windows 7 SP1.   Windows updates is fully up-to-date, as is Microsoft Silverlight (does Sky Go use this?)

I've tried in Internet Explorer and Firefox, same issue.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? 

I really don't want to think that this laptop is out-of-date/lacks sufficient hardware already....

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
SamKumra

Re: Sky Go doesn't play smoothly on PC - help!

OK, sorry all, found the workaround tagged to the top of the forum.... Works now
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Tom.S

Hey SAmKumra,

Thanks for letting us know this is now resolved. I hope you enjoy using Sky Go.

Please get back in touch if you have any further questions,

Tom
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Jedro

I'm having the same problem.....can't find where you got the solution from though...help!
Community Coordinator
Martin--H

[ Edited ]

Hi Jedro,

I think the workaround that SamKumra is referring to can be found here :smileyhappy:

Let us know if this helps.

Martin

Community Coordinator

Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage

Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.