Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
kptk92

Sky Go and Sky Sports F1

[ Edited ]
Hi guys, As a massive F1 fan I've committed to Sky to follow the entire season. However, I have no intention of getting a TV subscription with Sky. The only route I can see is if I purchase a Sky Go monthly ticket. My only concern is this - will I gain access to the new F1 channel if I purchase the Sports ticket? I'm worried I won't be getting the channel as it isn't listed in the Sports package. Kind regards.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
CRSmiley

Re: Sky Go and Sky Sports F1

Not sure on this but let me explain something to you because I had the same issue and chose to get a full sky subscription.

I thought about getting the monthly ticket which would cost £35 per month which should include the F1 channel (This needs to be confirmed). However the cheapest option is just to get sky sports entertainment pack with the HD channels installed in your home for just £30.25 per month. This way you get F1 in HD plus the access to sky go for free plus you get the sky box and installation and everything else for free. This is a bargain! 

You must however be committed to this deal for the minimum of 12 months.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but this is what I have done. I am just not sure if the F1 HD channel is available through sky go as go only display in standard definition I'm not sure the hd channel is available to the HD subscriber only through sky go.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

CRSmiley wrote:

Someone correct me if I am wrong but this is what I have done. I am just not sure if the F1 HD channel is available through sky go as go only display in standard definition I'm not sure the hd channel is available to the HD subscriber only through sky go.

You will get access to the F1 channel on Sky Go because you will have access to the F1 channel as a HD subscriber if this is what you are asking.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
CRSmiley

Ok thanks for clearing that up. To help the guy who made this post does anyone know if the f1 channel is available through the go monthly subscription.
Super User
caesarome

It is going to be available via Sky Go so I would have thought it would be available via the monthly ticket.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Regular Visitor
kptk92

Thanks guys for some possible answers. I guess I'll just wait and see if it pops up on 9th March :smileyhappy:

Visitor
S2M+Coblet

[ Edited ]

Apologies as this is my first post in this forum but i'd like to know if these threads are frequented by any official Sky staff?

I ask this question to try and establish a definitive answer in regards to whether the F1 channel will be included with the Skygo monthly ticket? So far I only hear conjecture in these forums and there is no information on the website.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

[ Edited ]

Hi S2M+Coblet, 

As you have recently joined the forum, I would like to welcome you to our community :smileyhappy:

I can confirm that if you have the SkyGo Monthly Ticket and you have Sport, will be able to watch F1™ on SkyGo. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
S2M+Coblet

That is fantastic news, thank you for your response :smileyhappy:

Regular Visitor
kptk92

Just seen it pop up on the Sky Go listings today, watching the loop constantly :smileyvery-happy:

Occasional Visitor
CHRISA1981

[ Edited ]

I am a Sky HD customer, I use sky go on the laptop when im outside of the living room.

I want to know as I get F1 as part of my HD package, will I get F1 on Sky Go or does it form part of the Sports Pack on there rather than the entertainment pack?

I currently get the promo showing but I gather this will switch off when the channel launches for real later

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi CHRISA1981,

Thanks for bringing your query to the forum!

Sky Go mirrors your TV package, so as you get the F1™ channel as part of your TV subscription, you will also get this through SkyGo.

I hope this information has helped.

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
F1+is+the+best

As far as I know there is no sky sports F1 on sky because I can't find it.
Occasional Visitor
F1+is+the+best

Iam struggling to find it, I have full package but know F1 on sky go. Am I missing sum thing?
Super User
caesarome

It is there on the PC and Andriod versions for me. What are you viewing Sky Go on ?

I do not work for Sky.