Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
Jim1878

Sky Go and BT Sport

I have been waiting patiently well over a year for Sky Go to be made available on first, my Samsung Galaxt Tab 10.1, now my Samsung Galaxy Note 19.1.

I subscribed to BT Sport last week and was amazed that they had an Android App which allows me to watch all the BT Sport channels on ALL my Android devices! The picture and sound are fantastic and, fingers crossed, I have had no buffering or stuttering problems.

How come a newcomer, like BT Sport, is able to do introduce such an app and service from Day 1 and Sky are still working on solutions for well over a year? Maybe Sky could come to an arrangement with BT Sport to show Sky on their platform! Now that would help prove, "We are all in this together!" 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Silver)
Pacco65

Re: Sky Go and BT Sport

Jim1878 wrote:

How come a newcomer, like BT Sport, is able to do introduce such an app and service from Day 1 and Sky are still working on solutions for well over a year?

The excuse  that we keep getting is that BT have started from scratch and Sky were developing an already existing app.

Unfortunately, that doesn't come close to even starting to explain why Sky didn't leave the oroginal app as a legacy app for older devices, and "start from scratch" on an app for newer devices. Would have made much more sense when they realised the difficulties inherent in developing their app for new devices while leaving it compatible with older devices.......

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.