Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
HoorayHilander

Sky Go & Windows 8.1

I was previously running Sky Go on Windows 8 despite Sky not supporting the platform. I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 and my device is no longer recognised by the Sky Go desktop.

I have the latest version of Silverlight installed and by uninstalling Sky Go desktop and reinstalling it, managed to get my device recognised but playback either streeming or viewing dowloaded content is impossible as it continually freezes. Can somone please provide some assistance?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

As you rightly say, Windows 8/8.1 isn't supported by Sky...

As you rightly say, Windows 8/8.1 isn't supported by Sky Go. There have been a number of posts on the forum recently from people who have upgraded to 8.1 for whom Sky Go no longer works.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
HoorayHilander

Re: As you rightly say, Windows 8/8.1 isn't supported by Sky...

Thanks for confirming what I already know, perhaps I should rephrase my question. What is Sky doing to resolve this bearing in mind that it is almost impossible to buy a PC without it having Windows 8.0 or 8.1 installed? This must affect a significant proportion of your customer base.
Super User
Mark39

HoorayHilander wrote: "What is Sky doing to resolve this...

HoorayHilander wrote: "What is Sky doing to resolve this bearing in mind that it is almost impossible to buy a PC without it having Windows 8.0 or 8.1 installed?"

I've no doubt Sky are working on a version of Sky Go that's compatible with Windows 8/8.1 just as they are for other devices. Unfortunately as they don't publicise their development timetable, there's no way of knowing how far away a solution is.

Community Coordinator
Carol-A

Hi There,   As Mark39 has already posted and is absolutel...

Hi There,

As Mark39 has already posted and is absolutely correct, the version of Windows that you have chosen to upgrade to is at this moment in time not supported by SKYGO and although the developers are working towards rectifying this, we have not been given a timescale as to when this will be completed.

Kind regards

I'm New Here
Rustyboy35

I had this problem.   Firstly, download Mozilla Firefox,...

I had this problem.

Firstly, download Mozilla Firefox, Skygo has better compatibility with it.

Secondly, run a 'fix' on Silverlight. Do a search for "Silverlight fix", the first result in your search engine should be the Microsoft "How to clean Silverlight"  page which has a 'fix' button within it.

Then Reload Firefox and login to Skygo.

Hope that works for you.

Community Coordinator
Kei+M

Will Sky actually let us know when they have done their f...