Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
shaddaz

Sky Go White screen after login

Hi Been trying to get Sky Go to work on my laptop but having issues

if i work offline seems to load fine but as soon as i log in i just get a white screen and nothing happens I have had this error on 2 laptops 

any suggestions on how to fix this?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
maddohatter

Re: Sky Go White screen after login

I'm having the same problem.  I have reinstalled software and still getting same problem.  Is is it Sky's problem, rather than my laptop?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

The Sky Go website is working Ok for me so try this:

Try uninstalling Microsoft Silverlight off your computer and then reboot the PC. When it has started up again go to use Sky Go again and it should prompt you to install silverlight which you need to do again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Getting There
shaddaz

just promts saying the shorcut has been moved would you like to delete it so guess that go is directly tied in with the instalation of silverlight 

Getting There
maddohatter

Cheers for the tip.  Uninstalled Silverlight and is all fine now

I'm New Here
PCMUK0039

Hi, I am having the same problems. I have Windows 7 Pro with SP1, Internet Explorer 10. When I try to watch anything I get Apologies....(t:6000 / c:4110). I have tried all solutions in this forum but still with no luck. Getting to the stage where I am seriously thinking of switching to Virgin.

Super User
caesarome

PCMUK0039 wrote:

When I try to watch anything I get Apologies....(t:6000 / c:4110).

Your problem is different as you are seeing an error code so try this:

Make sure the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady exsists. If it doesn't you will need to create the Playready folder.

Note: This folder might be hidden on your PC, if so in explorer select Organize->Folder and Search Options->View->Show hidden files and folders and click OK.

Also try downloading the playready runtime, there are 2 versions so make sure you have the correct one for your computer:

32 bit - http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=21772
64 bit - http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5445

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Getting There
lastbritish

[ Edited ]

Hi, I just spent ages trying to fix this problem with solutions posted on various support threads with no success. Eventually I resorted to reinstalling both silverlight and my browser (google chrome) which has resolved the problem.

I hope this helps!

I'm New Here
cricketmeister

On my PC uninstalling silverlight and then re installing it worked.

On the laptop replaced Avast anti-virus with AVG and that worked after re- installing silverlight.

I'm New Here
pr80

i had same problem on laptop, various attempts of installing and unistalling sky go and silverlight, solved by going onto website and choosing a movie to watch online, when i pressed play on video player it updated security and registered device, went back onto sky go desktop logged in and hey presto no white screen:smileyhappy:

Getting There
FFS+just+a+name

Thanks, just tried this after an hour of install, uninstall, reinstall...........

It works!