Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Michael.AbbeyRoad

Sky Go -- Samsung Galaxy S4

Installing Sky Go on my unrooted Samsung Galaxy S4 it says "device not supported." I have uninstalled/reinstalled/rebooted/ensured that I have sufficient devices available, etc. Urgent help needed.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Retired Staff Member
Joss-91

Re: Sky Go -- Samsung Galaxy S4

Hi Michael.AbbeyRoad.

This is a strange one as the Samsung Galaxy S4 is a supported device.

As you've already followed the correct troubleshooting steps I'm going to pass your details on to a colleague who will pm you shortly for further details.

Thanks,

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
grasstuft

The same thing is happening to me on my unrooted S4. I have 2 hours before I leave for an overnight hospital stay so time is of the essence.

Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Hi grasstuft,

Would you be able to tell us the model number of your S4 please? Is it a GT-i9505 or a i9500? Did you buy the phone in the UK?

Cheers,

Getting There
grasstuft

Hi,

It's a GT-I9505 bought in the UK sim free. I phoned Sky and they told me the S4 is not supported yet???

Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Hi grasstuft,

Thanks for the reply.

What was the name of the site/shop you bought it from?

Sorry for all of the questions :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

I'm New Here
Andy+Barker

I am also having the same problem with a UK bought Galaxy S4 GT-I9500.  It is direct from Samsung, no network lock, software 4.2.2.

Staff
Tricia07

Hi Andy+Barker,

There is nothing worse when you get your new phone to find you can’t use it with the apps you want, Sky Go is only compatible with UK phones. The I9500 is octa-core, the I9505 runs on a Snapdragon 600 and supports LTE so the processor is different making this phone not compatible to run on the Sky Go Platform.

We have no way in knowing if this is being tested to go on the Sky Go Platform at present so I can only advice you to keep checking and if you are not sure of anything let me know and I will try and help.

Cheers

I'm New Here
Andy+Barker

Hi Tricia07,

The two versions you mention (LTE (4G) and non-LTE versions) are both available in the UK. I think Sky ought to update their compatibility lists to specify which S4 model is supported, or update the code to support both UK models.

At least we can understand why it doesn't work, even if we don't like the fact that it doesn't work!

Andy
Super User
rscott

The gt -i9505 is supported (and works). At least it does on mine supplied direct by o2
Getting There
Michael.AbbeyRoad

My Samsung Galaxy S4 GT19500 was bought in the UK. I've been told only the GT19550 will run Sky Go (Sky Plus seems to work on my model). Sky NEVER said anything about this other than the S4 will be supported full stop. For the best selling phone in the world, one would think this should have been addressed and certainly should be addressed NOW.
Super User
rscott

Actually, the supported devices list suggests that the gti9500 would be supported and not the gti9505. For all the other devices it lists LTE and non LTE versions....
Staff
Tricia07

Hi All,

You have raised some fair points and I can understand why as it does not go into much details on what exact requirements are needed only that a device is able to be used on Sky Go or not.

I am sure others will share the same opinion especially the Nexus 7 tablet users as you would think the Nexus 10 would available to use be but it is not.

I will pass your feedback on however at the moment the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 is not compatible.

Super User
rscott

Tricia can you get the list of supported devices updated quickly - at the moment it says the S4 is supported when only certain variants are.

I'm not sure why you mention the Nexus 7/10 - this is completely different. This situation is more akin to saying Sky Go will run on a 16gb IPhone but not a 32gb.
Staff
Tricia07

Hi rscott,

Okay I will pass the feedback on and I only mentioned the Nexus as an example but I can see it wasn't the best, Sorry.