Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
Rbodd

Sky Go Monthly ticket (without Sky subscription) - How do you upgrade to Sky extra?

I have had a Sky Go Mionthly Ticket without a having a Sky sunbsciroption or dish etc...and have just been payiong the £15. Now I have been made aware that to download programmes  as before I need to upgrade to Sko Go extra. That's fine but when I go to upgrade they ask me to take out a sky packakge before I can upgarde. I don't want to do that. Is there any possible way to subscribe to Sky Go Extra whilst on the MOnthly Ticket without actually have ing to get sky etc. 

I just don't want a sky subscription and enjoy watching programmes through Sky Go and would still like to be able to download. IS there anyone from sky who can answer this question?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Explorer
Valentine987

Re: Sky Go Monthly ticket (without Sky subscription) - How do you upgrade to Sky extra?

I have the same problem. I'm paying £15 a month for Sky Go on my Apple laptop. I don't have Sky TV because I don't have a TV set. I've been watching Game of Thrones fine on my laptop on Sky+ HD - but when I search to watch something on one of the Sky channels - or if I try and play literally anything else - it tells me I don't have a Sky subscription. What am I paying £15 a month for then? Not happy. My case reference is 448M4769097.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
Rbodd

Re: Sky Go Monthly ticket (without Sky subscription) - How do you upgrade to Sky extra?

Can anyone help? 

I'm New Here
telforddave

I'm just responding to bump this thread up a bit.  I also have this problem, my landlord won't allow a satellite dish so Sky Go Monthly Pass is my best option, the download feature was the most useful aspect!  I don't really want to pay any more money but if I could pay for the sky go extra on top of the monthly pass then I would as I really miss having the download option.

Community Coordinator
SaraF

Hi everyone,

Just to make you all aware, Sky Go Extra is only available for those who already have/purchased a Sky package.

Sky Go is available to non Sky package customers, however to purchase Sky Go Extra, you would need to be a Sky TV customer.

For more information on Sky Go Extra please click here.

Kind Regards,

Sara F

Getting There
Rbodd

Thanks for that Sara.

It seems a bit unfair to no even give those who have been paying in for the service no way of gaining the Sky Go extra.

It seems this i sjust another excercise in sky trying to get subscribers (and more money) than actually looking at those who are using the service.

Is there any development that this might change in the future?

Community Coordinator
SaraF

Hi again Rbodd,

Apologies for this, I understand your frustration, and I appreciate that this is not a convenient deal for Sky Go customers who do not have a Sky Package subscription, but please keep an eye out on the Sky Help forums for future developments.

Kind Regards,

Sara F