Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Justin+Stopps88

Sky Go Error t3157/c4110

I am having problems when trying to watch programmes on Sky Go Demand, the programs do not buffer very quickly and then when they do during the movie the following message comes up "apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please click play to resume watching, this error keeps coming up and has only been happening in the last few days.

Can anyone help please???

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Kris+McD

Re: Sky Go Error t3157/c4110

[ Edited ]

Hi Justin+Stopps88

Thanks for your post and for taking the time to join the Forum. 

This is a known issue that is currently under investigation, we have no time scale on a resolution time at the moment. 

Cheers 

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
Justin+Stopps88

This error is still happening its has been a few weeks now, any chance of this getting fixed?

Super User
caesarome

Do you use Ad Block or any advert blocking software, if so try disabling it and see what happens.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
I'm New Here
Sky+User9

I keep having this issue and can't watch any movie on it, its really annoying because they say this is a service we can use but it never works for me, it happens with everything I watch, I don't have any ad blocker software

Getting There
BGoodfellow

Yeah, I have this problem and more so in the last few weeks, it is very annoying as I watch the sports, and no sooner does it start to play it buffers again, I can surf the net no problem and pages work properly it is only with the sky go that I have the problem, if this is a known issue how long has it been going on for.  If its not the adblocker what is it that is causing the problem

I'm New Here
Andynikks27

Have Sky found a fix for this problem yet? If not I am going to cancel my subscription - enough is enough, when I pay this much for a dysfunctional service and a sky box that keeps locking and Sky will do nothing about unless I pay for a new one. There are plenty of other services out there now Sky!!

Getting There
Derreck+Van+G

I have exactly the same problem. It only seems to occur on some films and not others, which does not make sense. It doesn't just occur when I'm at home. I'm getting slowly more and more frustrated, as ironically and naturally it always happens on the movies I want to watch the most. Judging from the date of the posts, it does seem a bit of a joke that such an issue still remains unresolved.

Regards

Derreck

Staff
Kat-S

Hi Andynikks27,

I am aware that it has been a few days since you posted. Due to that can I ask if you are still having problems with the Sky Go service?

Thanks,

Staff
Kat-S

Hi Derreck+Van+G,

Can you tell me what operating system you are using?

Once we know this we can help you with this.

Thanks,

Getting There
Derreck+Van+G

Hi Kat-S

Thans for the speedy reply.

I'm using a Mac with Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

Do you need any more information?

Thanks

Derreck

Staff
Malcolm-M

[ Edited ]

Hi Derreck+Van+G, that helps as the instructions for the C4110 error are operating system specific.

For the medium or high quality settings we recommend a 2 Mbps connection so if yours is slower it may be best to try low quality where available.

The error can also sometimes be cause by using a non-standard Internet connection for example an Internet cafe, corporate or academic connection, mobile, satellite connection or connecting through a VPN. Some network firewalls can also cause issues.

If none of this applies the next thing to check is the copy protection settings. 

1. Launch Sky Go and sign in.
  2. Attempt to play content back and the error displays.
  3. Right-click or CTRL+click (if using a Mac) on play back window.
  4. A Silverlight box then appears.
  5. Click the Playback tab.
  6. Ensure the box for Enable Playback of Protected Content (DRM) is checked. 
  7. Click OK.
  8. Close Sky Go.
  9. Launch Sky Go and sign in.
  10. Attempt to play back the content affected. 

If this doesn't help or if the option is checked already can you uninstall Microsoft Silverlight then re-install.

If none of this makes a blind bit of difference then let us know and we will try to help a bit more.

Malcolm-M
Getting There
Derreck+Van+G

Unfortunately, nothing has solved the problem.

Equally I can tell whether a film is going to work or not by clicking ahead in the movie, and if the buffering sticks to 0%, then I know that even if I start it again from the beginning the error message will eventually appear...

Derreck

Getting There
severalissues

are you using Firefox on the Mac?

I had the same issue and tried with Safari and it is now streaming.

Getting There
Derreck+Van+G

Yeah am using firefox. Tried safari and chrome, and unfortunately no success.

I seem to be running out of options...

Thanks for the tip anyway.