Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
El+C
Accepted Solution

Sky Go Desktop for Mac

I have downloaded the Sky Go Desktop onto my Mac and the Sky Go site confirms this but where is it?  No icon on my screen, not in my hd or applications folder????

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
hadouken-andy

Re: Sky Go Desktop for Mac

Hi El+C,

When searching 'SkyGo' in spotlight, does the icon appear? If so you should be able to drag it to the dock from there.

Let us know.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
El+C

Thanks very much Andy.  That worked.

:womanvery-happy:

Visitor
Durham+lad

Never ever been able to download to Sky Player and now Sky Go to work on my Mac. There has always been the same problem.

When I go into Sky Go Desktop I always have the message that I have no programme downloaded or in my download queue when I should have something queued.

Also when I click on Check Queue the message along the bottom of the message bar states "Queue last checked: Never with error(s).

Also when I click on the "!" synbol in the bottom right corner of the message bar I get a message box with "Error Failed to acquire lcence - if the problem continues check the Sky Go FAQs at www.skygo.com/help [Error code: c:16020 c:1102 s:-1]"

Hope that something can be done to get this working.

DJ

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Durham+lad, 

I'm sorry to see this, it would appear that there may be something stuck on your Sky iD that would require your profile to be reset or fixed on the system.

I'd recommend contacting our Sky Go Support team to report the issue for investigation.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
Durham+lad

Robert

Thanks for your reply but I can not believe that I now have my problem sorted and everything working.

By mistake I logged on with Safari instead of Firefox and everything worked.

Double checking it still does not work with Firefox but does with Safari.

DJ

Occasional Visitor
buzzybe

i cant find the sky go desktop on my mac..... if i download a show it says that its in the queue but after searching for the application it isnt there 

Occasional Visitor
AndyAndyShaw

Sky Go has disappeaed from my mac. I have found it via Spotlight, dragged it to the dock. When I click on the icon in the doc, a blank screen appears. There is also no sight of the app in the Finder/applications.

What has heppened to it?

Occasional Visitor
AndyAndyShaw

I have now tried to watch online and it froze my mac. I powered down and I have gone back in to watch it again. There is now a blank space where the video should be on the website

??

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi AndyAndyShaw

Great to hear from you on the Sky Forum 

Not too good to hear that you are having an issue using SkyGo. 

Can you-  

1. Choose Apple menu, then System Preferences.
  2. Click Desktop & Screen Saver.
  3. Click the Screen Saver button.
  4. Adjust the slider to set the amount of time before a screensaver starts.

Note: You may wish to increase this depending on how long you are using the Sky Go for.

5. If you don't want a screen saver to start at all, set the slider to Never

Let us know if this helps 

Jane
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
flissyann

Hi there,

I have a MacBook Pro and have tried several times to download and get working the SkyGO desktop app so that I can watch catch up etc. Every time I log in it says that I have to enable Silverlight.

I have done this and it is still insisting that I enable it. So I removed permission and the app and tried from scratch..... still nothing.

Help? I'm using Mac OS Lion with the latest updates?

Thanks! 

Visitor
sean1122

Having the same problem will not let me past log in.Have tried numerous times to delete and re download but to no avail.Can some suggest anything????

Staff
John-B

Hi sean112 and flissyann,

Nice to see some new names on our Sky Go boards.

Can you both confirm which version of the Mac OS you are using?

Regards

John-B
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
flissyann

I'm using Mac lion with I think 10.7. It's the latest update and I've not yet upgraded to the newest operating system as wasn't sure. I'd do it if I needed to for this though.
Staff
John-B

Hi flissyann,

Thanks for confirming that.

I know you have said you tried this however can you please try again, delete the Sky Go app and silverlight, reboot your Mac and then try re-installing both.

If you can let me know how you get on.

Regards

John-B
Community Coordinator