Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
ducati1250
Accepted Solution

Sky Go Desktop Download

Hope someone can halp because this is driving me insane !!! I have tried to download the Sky Go desktop so many times and all I get is a message saying navigation to the webpage was cancelled with a file download box giving me the option to save the file. If I save the file, it just saves a shortcut back to the same page !!!!! I'm going mad with this......PLEASE someone help me

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Sky Go Desktop Download

Try using a different browser, so if you use Internet Explorer try Google Chrome or Firefox.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
ducati1250

Thanks for the advice...........But unfortunately just tried and got the same result with both browsers. Still get the same screen........Going mad here. Any other ideas anyone??

Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

[ Edited ]

Hi ducati1250,

Welcome to the Forum.

Can you check to see if you have Silverlight installed on your device? If you don't you can do it through the following link.

Thanks,

Getting There
ducati1250

Hi Graeme, and thanks for the welcome. Silverlight is installed on the PC as everytime I have attemted to install the sky go desktop, I have uninstalled both programmes and started afresh. I have used Revo uninstaller to make sure all files were deleted so I was always starting from a clean slate. I have tried to take a screen shot of the screen I get but I can't paste it in this forum. Any help would be appreciated

Getting There
ducati1250

Just an add on................Just checked and have got

The version of Silverlight installed is:
Silverlight 4 (4.0.60531.0)

Thanks again

Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Hi ducati1250,

Can you tell me what operating system you are using and we can do some troubleshooting to hopefully resolve the issue for you.

Thanks, 

Getting There
ducati1250

Hi again...........Th info you require

Windows Vista Home Premium Version 6.0 (Build 6002 Service Pack 2)

Hope this helps

Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Hi ducati1250,

Thanks for the information, do you get a small blue window asking you to install the desktop when you go to this page. You can also try this link to see if you are doing anything different.

Thanks,

Getting There
CharlieCampbell

I have the same problem, tried to install Sky go Desktop. Said I needed to install Silverlight and uninstall old Sky Desktop. Already had the latest version of Silver light, but never the less uninstalled this as well as the old version of Sky Desktop. Re installed the latest version of Silverlight three times now, re booting Vista Home Premium each time but still I get Silverlight needs to be installed as well as Uninstall the old version of Sky Desktop, with these being displayed you don't get the option of downloading Sky go.

Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi CharlieCampbell

Welcome to the Help Centre Forum

Sorry to read you are having trouble using the Sky Go service, I see that you have tried a few trouble shooting steps already.

If you click here this will take you to our Help Centre where there are a few other steps you can try

Let us know how you get on

Cheers

Getting There
ducati1250

Hi graeme, thanks again. It said it was checking and could take up to 2 minutes, then said I had it installed LOL. If I click on the desktop icon, it just takes me to an internet page. This is bonkers

Retired Staff Member
Samantha-K

Hi Ducati1250,

Can you tell me if your computer runs on a 64bit operating system? Also what Internet page is the desktop icon taking you to?

Thanks

Getting There
ducati1250

Hi Samantha, thanks for your help. Just looked and I hace a 32 bit operating system. I have tried to take a screen shot of the window it takes me to but I can't paste it on here. It is basically a redirection page. When I click the Sky Go desktop icon, it just sends me to this redirected page.

Wish I could show you !!!

Thanks again

Andy

Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi ducati1250

Have you managed to resolve your issue yet?