Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Honey-Monster

Re: Sky Go App Launch

Also just Tried on my Samsung Galaxy Note to get the message not compatible with your device 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Paulnwuk1980

Cant believe no sky go on htc hd7 windoes phone

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Sky Go will not work on any Windows phone apparently.
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
steve6343

When and or if will sky make the app compatible with more mobile devises? Mine for instance samsung galaxy note. A perfect tool to watch sky on.
Contributor
DazzaGSXR

Can't believe it was released to such a small amount of Android devices in the first place.  When it was released on iOS it wasn't a phased roll out, so why do us Android users get treated differently unless they are using the few models it does work on as beta testers which isn't right either!!

Come on Sky, pull yer bloody finger out.

Dazza

Occasional Visitor
Jennabeth

Uhm...all of this is going way over my head but I'm getting seriously frustrated that the Sky Go app on my Macbook Pro just stares at me without doing anything.

I tried staring back, a few 'unsubtle' words but still nothing has happened.

Anyone got any idea why I can't get my Sky Go app to do anything on my Mac laptop?:smileymad:

Retired Staff Member
kirsty+d

Hi Jennabeth,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Are you getting any error messages when trying to view SkyGo? Can you confirm that the technical specifications for the Mac are fully up to date? Do you have SkyGo on any other devices?

I hope with a little more information we can get this resolved quickly for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Contributor
DazzaGSXR

Nice.  The iOS users get answered, the Android users get ignored yet again..............

Contributor
sparkybin

You only get an answer if you are new to the thread or to the forum and if you are you get a 'welcome' type message, after that you get ignored.

There are so many unanswered posts regarding this subject but still I would like to know precisely why it is that rooted phones are being excluded? I have looked into the question regarding broadcasting rights and can find nothing that should preclude any bonified Sky subscriber from using Sky Go no matter what they have done to their phone.

As as already been said by many, rooting a phone is not illegal, indeed Android is an open source operating system and it is also up to each individual and whatever contract they have with their supplier as to what they do with their phones.

And if you buy the phone yourself without any contract, what right do Sky or anyone else have to say what software it is that you can run on it or what version of Android you choose to load? and regarding Sky specifically on this point, I say again, Sky subscribers are just that, subscribers, so why are you discriminating and on what legal basis?

Occasional Visitor
Tim+M

Please tell me when the android app will work for skygo on the Motorola xoom tablet? Thanks
Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Hi All,

Thanks for bringing your queries to the Forum.

We have not been informed when Sky Go will become available to other Android phones or released for Android tablets, there is a dedicated team who deal with the app and they have not given any timescale for this.

I would suggest keeping an eye on the Sky Help Forum, Sky's Facebook and Twitter pages for any update relating to this.

Many Thanks, 

Occasional Visitor
JCB1

I have downloaded Silverlight on my Mac, and registered, but I cannot find the icon for SKY Go on my desktop

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi JCB1,

Welcome to the forum!

Are you now able to watch content online?  To be able to download the Anytime+ content to watch offline you would need to download the Sky Go Desktop application, which you can download from here.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
carl+chubb

Is sky go on samsung ace plus
Super User
caesarome

I have answered your other post on this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.