Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Community Manager
Sam-R

Sky Go Android - New Devices ** important Update 30/08 please read**

[ Edited ]

Five devices have been added to the Sky Go supported device list. We have added a couple of extra devices over and above the ones which were in testing as referenced in this thread: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-on-Android/Sky-Go-Android-Device-Testing-Update-01-08-2013/td-p/1...

HTC One Mini, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3, Sony Xperia SP andthe new Google Nexus 7 tablet (2013)

The following is now the full supported device list:

Google: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4 
HTC: Desire, Desire S, Desire X, Desire HD, Incredible S, Sensation, Sensation XE, One, One Mini, One X, One XL, One S, One V and One X+
LG: LG Optimus 4X HD 
Samsung: Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S3 LTE, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 Mini, Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy Ace2, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note2, Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Galaxy Note2 LTE 
Sony: Xperia S, Xperia T, Xperia Z, Xperia SP
Motorola: Motorola RAZRi, RAZR HD

Tablets: 
Google: Nexus 7, Nexus 7 (2013) 
Samsung: Galaxy Tab2  7.0, Galaxy Tab3 7.0

Update Friday Aug 30th

We are aware some customers are experiencing difficulties accessing Sky Go on the new Android devices added to the support list on the 29th August (Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3, Sony Xperia SP and HTC One Mini). We are reviewing the root cause of this issue and planning to fix this on Monday 2nd September. Please bear with us in the meantime, we apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sam
Community Manager (Apps & Online)
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
dazatessex41

Re: Sky Go Android - New Devices 29/08/2013

I dont get it! You mention the samsung mega as being a new supported device but in your list at the bottom its not mentioned and it dont work?
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
AliMac444

I have now managed to download the sky go app onto my Samsung galaxy mega 6.3. When I try to sign in it comes up with an error message telling me that this phone is not supported . How can I download the app from the play store then?
Occasional Visitor
royunderwood

My Sony Xperia is also showing the message device not supported but have been able to download the app???????

Community Manager
Sam-R

Hi All,

Apoogies for the errors in the post. You may have to wait up to 24 hours for the changes to populate through the Google Play servers.  My recommendation would be to try again now and see how you get on.

Thanks 

Sam

Occasional Visitor
canarypilot

Thanks to sky for doing this. Still says not compatible on my HTC one mini but then date on play store still shows yesterday. Hopefully by tomorrow so I can watch Jeff Stelling & Co. I came so close to selling my device so thanks for this post.
Occasional Visitor
Nixstix

I am just adding my name as a count to the huge volume of disgruntled SKY customers who have been treated poorly as regards their choice of device. Still, even with the so called advances being made and these new devices being announced, it seems that one of the biggest volumes of complaints come from Note 10.1 users, and yet new devices such as the mega are supported sooner.

The roadmap indicates Summer 2014 .. how long is that since IPad support launched I wonder?

In reality for a tablet, only landscape mode is truly worthwhile (TBH also on smartphones) and that is what we are waiting for - it's another year away - why? I'd suggest it's because SKY have decided not to port current apps, save some time and effort for themselves, add it to the roadmap in reality waiting to develop on the new iteration of Android due end of 2013. Hardly a way to appease frustrated Note 10.1 users.

SKY is a good service mostly (STBs aside) but let’s not kid ourselves, we all pay a large premium for the service, so for such a long arm approach to development of apps it rather beggars belief.

Maybe we should propose our own roadmap; one that says no price increase annually until we have the app, after all, Ipad users get more for their money today!

Community Manager
Sam-R

Hi Nixstis,

A quick point of clarification on your post. The User interface may not be in landscape until early summer 2014 but the stream will be in landscape on our September tablet release.

Thanks 

Sam

Visitor
DoubleArd

[ Edited ]

I still can't install Sky Go on my Galaxy S4 Mini, I just get this - 

http://oi40.tinypic.com/6zmz47.jpg

Community Manager
Sam-R

All,

Please see the update to this release. There is an issue with the update and we are currently investigating the root cause.

Sam

Occasional Visitor
Nixstix

OK, thanks for the clarification .. I guess this means we can watch a land_ape st_eam in portrait mode. It will be good to have the app in Sept tho. I was spammed for a phase!1!

:manhappy:

Sam-R wrote:

Hi Nixstis,

A quick point of clarification on your post. The User interface may not be in landscape until early summer 2014 but the stream will be in landscape on our September tablet release.

Thanks 

Frequent Visitor
Zak99

Thanks for the update. Seems a bit strange though as im wondering how the app was tested if it cant even be logged onto any device?? I would have thought it would have been logged in to an account and tested before it was released? Very strange indeed???

Regular Visitor
motleycrue

Re: Sky Go Android - New Devices ** important Update 30/08 please read**

Yes I agree very strange app tested but we cant log in all the testing done for this sky complete incompetance plus sky have had all day to sort this out today and now its gonna be monday basically the are saying we cant be bothered to sort this out till monday
Frequent Visitor
Zak99

Re: Sky Go Android - New Devices ** important Update 30/08 please read**

I posted in another thread that I had a cracked version of sky go off the xda site that worked fine on a few android devices I had even an lg Prada that's not supported now. For some reason they restrict it from certain devices. It feels like it was restricted from the mega and they just picked a day when they would allow it to be used, but unfortunately the only part off the app they needed to change was the device is not supported block and this has thrown in an unforeseen problem and they can't be bothered to look at it until Mon. Very disappointing.
Super User
KingfisherUK

Nixstix wrote:

OK, thanks for the clarification .. I guess this means we can watch a land_ape st_eam in portrait mode. It will be good to have the app in Sept tho. I was spammed for a phase!1!

:manhappy:

Nixstix,

The streams will be landscape from the start, only the menu part (user interface) will be portrait until the Phase3 update in 2014.

I am not a Sky employee, any opinions in my posts are entirely my own.