Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
xbox360

Re: Sky Fibre Optic Broadband Coming Soon

SORRY WHAT NUMBER DO YOU RING SKY ON TO GET FIBER ANY WAY A BIG THANK YOU ANYONE HELP ME ASAP TA.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
xbox360

hello there did you get your sky fiber how is it going i live in cornwall i am just holding on for a call now can you tell me what you got and how fast it is was it fttc or fttp did you get a nother rorter.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
David+JN+Taylor

Okay, it's now 10th March - although I've had Sky fibre since noon on 8th March, I've been too busy playing with it to post until now...............

BT Openreach engineer arrived, fitted new pre-filtered faceplate to the master socket, tested the line, plugged in the modem (Huawei Echolife HG612) and the Sky wireless router (Sagemcom 2504N V7). It took him seven minutes total. This was his first Sky installation. There is already an extension in the study, wired to the back of the master socket, but he stated that this would not work with the VDSL modem. He did offer to fit a compatible extension to the study (where the desktop lives), but I declined as it would have meant a lot of visible tacked cable, and added a wireless dongle to the desktop instead.

I had been getting only 1.7mb on ADSL, since we live far from the exchange. I spent the next two hours clicking around the web, IPlayer, You Tube, music downloads, utterly amazed at the difference in speed - a whole new experience! At this point I tried Speedtest.net, to see what the speed was...........turned out to be (only) 20mb - I had used an old "G" wireless dongle which was strangling the connection. Swapping it for an "N" rated dongle cured that in seconds.

Instructions from Sky are to leave the modem/router switched on while they test / adjust. At the moment I'm getting around 37mb, and 100% happy - fast connection, no traffic shaping, £5 cheaper than BT, and great customer service from Sky - I'm glad I waited.

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi David+JN+Taylor,

It is great to see you are more than happy with how things have went with the installation and also the service and speeds you are receiving.

Feel free to keep us up to date with your connection :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
nurk

Hi theres nothing at all on the sky website about fibre optic BB. ive checked and i do live in an FTTC enabled area, ive also registered my interest for the sky fibre optic.

How come some people seem to have it installed already??

Is a date coming for everyone else anytime soon? Very close to getting Infinity but really dont want to leave sky (no traffic management etc..)

Cheers!

Nick

Occasional Visitor
eucomis

It would be nice to know when Sky will be offering this service in my area. Ihave asked Sky but somehow the question does not get answered.

BT already can "deliver" infinity to my area ,which I have told Sky but still no positive reply!!!!

Come on Sky be fair to your customers.

Eucomis

L69
L69

I live near to  a green box, I have been with Sky for about 15 years, always had the maximum package. I have enquired about getting Fibre asap and had no response. I actually paid for BT Infinity about a month ago but sky then talked me int staying as fibre was due to me any day, so i cancelled - I have not heard anything from Sky, when can I get Sky Fibre Optic? If I dont a get a reply soon, I will just go to BT where I know I can get 38/2 speeds.

Last chance for Sky.

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Folks, 

We appreciate there is a lot of interest in Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre, you can pre-register today for the service and we'll contact you as soon as we can offer this. 

We'll be launching the service in April.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
xbox360

OK sky last time I am asking i am getting a call tonight about fiber if sky said no to me i am off to bt the people live next to my have just gone with sky and yes they are getting fiber new customer again see i have been with sky for 8 years and never been treated like this there is fiber were i live new cab 100 meters up the road ready to go sky you are going to have a lot of customers going over to bt pull your finger out now

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Hi xbox360. Have you registered your interest in fibre on the sky page. The official release isn't until april but some users have had it early (possibly expanding inside the trial period to test stability etc)

https://fibre.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/broadband-options/sky-fibre-broadband/

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Visitor
DJBL

Good day to all,

I/We have also filled in the Sky Fibre Optic BB online application(several weeks ago) and are still awaiting a reply, and nothing...

Surly the decent thing to do, would be to send a EMAIL..

To acknowledge that you have received the customer`s application and that Sky will be contacting there customer`s via phone in the coming weeks...

Thank you....

Visitor
DJBL

Hi Garry,

As I mentioned before...we signed up several weeks ago and nothing.?

Why haven`t SKY sent customer`s EMAIL`s to advice them that they have received the applications and will call them in the coming weeks.

Sky has emailed me several times regarding football, movies, offers etc, etc, etc....But not about Fibre Optic..?

Sky`s customer service is poor.

What are they doing with the application...? 

Thanks DJ..

Contributor
Crashst3r

It does say on skys fibre page that the official launch date is 12th of April, so i guess its not long to wait now.

Regular Visitor
gsxrrob

I wont be waiting till the 12th of april for sky fibre optic i will just go with bt as my speed,s have become slow as ahem and despite ringing sky more than once about my speeds which were ok after the last time i rang they have now dropped again and im not ringing again just to go through all of the hassle being asked have you done this have you checked that im on unlimited and even though i do not get nowhere near 20mb with being 1.86km fron the exchange it is still the principal that my speed should of remained at what it was 4687kbs instead of 3225 and loading some websites takes an age so i think enough is enough and i certainly would not pay the £50 installation when bt will do it for nothing.

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi gsxrrob,

Thank you for taking the time to post.

As you speed is fluctuating there could be a build up of errors on your line which is causing this, in order to help the community to try and help you further, would you mind posting up your router stats. You can find this information by typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, after pressing enter you will be prompted for username - admin and password - sky, we need your upstream downstream, line attenuation and noise margin.

Can you please also confirm how you have the router connected to the phone point and to which socket you are connected to?

LauraMac
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.