Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Jon+R43

Sky F1 and access on Red button

Is there anyway to access the red button services on sky go.

Want to watch the coverage on my TV and access the other setvices (timing etc) on the laptop but cant find the streams?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
chelsea12

Re: Sky F1 and access on Red button

Hi Jon+R43

Nice to catch your 1st post on the Sky Forum 

The red button functions are not available on SkyGo , you can however access the Race control through your PC or Laptop, you can get the link here .

Hope this helps and enjoy the race.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
FlyingDutchman

Hi, it's my first post as well!

I was after the same goal as the OP: F1HD on one screen and red button features on another. I thank you Jane, for posting the link to Race Control, which is great for when you're not near your TV, but not so great to have next to the live broadcast.

I would like to set up a second TV and Sky+HD box and use the red button features on that while watching the main feed on the main TV. I'm sure I can arrange the feed from the LNB and overcome things like separating the remote control signals for each box, but I assume I would need an additional viewing card for a second box. Can you inform me if it's possible to order a second viewing card?

Any help is much appreciated :smileyhappy:

Rob

Getting There
FlyingDutchman

*bump :smileyindifferent:

Getting There
Jon+R43

Rob  

Woudl you not end up with a multi room charge?

We have a second stream in the bedroom but cant be bothered with the effort of moving it just for the GP so will used the laptop with the solution about.

It works out i think at around £10 per month for the second feed and box.

Getting There
FlyingDutchman

Hey Jon,

I'm already paying for multi room...not sure if you have to pay extra for every room; I'm a new customer and don't mind paying for decent coverage (thanks, Bernie!), but I suppose it would be a bit much to upgrade my subscription just for two screens in one room.

The way I think I'm going to do it is to bring to two existing boxes together and fill the gap with a freesat box for which I believe I can get a viewing card for a one-off payment?

Worst case I'll go back to freeview through the aerial, since that TV is mostly used for the kids and dvds. If I'm honest, I just want the SKY TV all to myself...well I am the one paying the bills! :smileyvery-happy:

Getting There
Jon+R43

Nice option if you can get away with it both my 14 year old (who would object to me stealing what he sees as his box (which I pay for)! and my wife (who might suggest we don't need the extra box!) woudl probably object!

Getting There
FlyingDutchman

Haha! My kids are both under the age of 7, so I've got it all to come :smileyhappy:

You were right about the charge for another card; every viewing card carries a monthly subscription, which I suppose is fair enough.

Since my previous post I have tested the setup with 2 HD boxes and 2 TVs in 1 room, and it's perfect...shame it's such a long wait till the Chinese GP (15th April) to test the setup with live F1 coverage :smileylol:

Staff
Anne-M

Hi FlyingDutchman, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about your enquiry. 

You would pay an additional multi-room subscription per viewing card you have active in your home, the card will also be subject to a 12 month contract. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.