Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
Lufferov

Sky F1 adverts

[ Edited ]

Why did we have adverts during the practise session last night? At least three times we were shown commercials during the session. Sky have made a big deal about how you will show every session "live and uninterrupted", but it seems you've lied to us. There was nothing but interruptions thorugh the whole practise session.

I will be contacting the ASA about this, but would appreciate some comment from Sky and a promise that future sessions will be uninterrupted as advertised.

Taken from your very own website at http://f1.sky.com/ways-to-watch

"Sky Sports F1™ offers all races live and uninterrupted including practice and qualifying sessions."

So what's your excuse for mis-selling your new channel?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
JamboV6

Re: Sky F1 adverts

I can only hope this is going to be practice only or they stop it straight away. This certainly should be highlighted as false advertising on Sky's behalf. Im not impressed at all.

Very keen to hear Sky's reply to this.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
John+townsend

Good coverage of the practice but why adverts, one things for sure if it continues I WILL GO BACK TO WATCHING ON THE BBC including the highlighted ones as well, nothing like settling down to enjoy and just as the action starts guess what adverts, so wake up sky and keep to your promise.

Contributor
Lozw

Taken from your very own website at http://f1.sky.com/ways-to-watch

"Sky Sports F1™ offers all races live and uninterrupted including practice and qualifying sessions."

Not any more it doesn't.

Presume they updated it twix your post and now.

Now it says

"...uninterrupted live race and qualifying coverage"  No mention of practice...

Frequent Visitor
Lufferov

Nope, it still says what I quoted. Got to the "Ways to Watch" link and then click on the "TV" tab, I can't link to it directly for some reason. I also have a screen capture of the site in case they do change it in an attempt to deny they ever said it.

Contributor
Lozw

Lufferov wrote:

Nope, it still says what I quoted. Got to the "Ways to Watch" link and then click on the "TV" tab, I can't link to it directly for some reason. I also have a screen capture of the site in case they do change it in an attempt to deny they ever said it.

I was looking at what it says on the "get it now" tab, which I can now see says something different to the TV tab!

Sharpie84

lol I started a thread on this matter 30mins into first practice over in the community section,

I'm glad I'm not the only person annoyed by all of this, I have noticed they have no consistency with the timings of adverts either, you may have 20-30mins of practice then adverts, another 10-15mins of practice then adverts, 5mins of practice, MORE ADVERTS!

It really ruins the experience, along with constantly cutting to idiots in the pit lane just as something interesting is happening on track.

Does anyone know if bbc will be covering practice when they have there 10 races? Because as it stands I cannot cope with sky's inconsistent coverage, they just can't seem to concentrate on anything for more than 5mins!
JamboV6

Lufferov, did you contact the ASA?

Occasional Visitor
MonikerRRJ

This is ludicrous! Sky are guilty of false advertising!

My arse!

Sharpie84

Practice 3 = Wow! During the first 35 minutes of a 1 hour live session we got over 10 minutes of adverts!

Why do they feel this is acceptable when they would never do this during a 45 minute half of a football match?

Absolutely shocking sky!!
metallicorphan

yeah i was thinking they must of had some complaints because when we came back in Practice 3,the commentators said there will be no more adverts for the rest of the session and no adverts for quali and the race...so i was guessing their twitter account had started to implode

In Practice 3,only Michael Schumacher was on the track,which i guess they seemed would be a good time to go to commercials,athough we had just had some a few minutes before...but i really wanted to see Michael Schumacher on track,even if he is the only one out there......he is looking pretty good this year(okay that's just by the practice sessions,but still)

Occasional Visitor
Matty700

I do agree with you and i hope you do take this up with sky, there coverage of qualifying was very good but the build up did have adverts every 15 minutes, i think the build up to the qualifying and the race from start to finish as they "advertised" should be uninterrupted and that is also some thing i think that should be mentioned, great team but they need to go by there word, i am a keen lover of F1 and id like to see it all the way through.... as promised

Contributor
jg666

I am so annoyed that Sky have incorporated a red dot into their logo when Qualifying is on. I imagine that it will be the same during the race as well. I really don't want this high contrast red dot on my plasma.

There is no way to get rid of it with the backup button so I will be watching on BBC until this is got rid of.

Occasional Visitor
AlexFord

Doesn't make much sense really. You'd think pay TV should be non commercial... Obviously that's naive, as we're all familiar with the Sky business model. None the less!

metallicorphan

jg666 wrote:

I am so annoyed that Sky have incorporated a red dot into their logo when Qualifying is on. I imagine that it will be the same during the race as well. I really don't want this high contrast red dot on my plasma.

There is no way to get rid of it with the backup button so I will be watching on BBC until this is got rid of.

erm,I press the back up button and it disappears

because i usually have subtitles on everything but not for F1 so when i turn the channel on i turn Subtitles off and then press back up button to get rid of the red dot(kind of a natural thing when i turn on)

(just tried it on the Dundee Vs Rangers match and it vanished when i pressed it)