Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Super User
caesarome

Re: Sky F1 Channel

aterry wrote:

His reply was that only customers that pay for both Sports and HD can watch the new F1 Channel because it only broadcasts in HD and for Sky Sports customers only!!!!!

It's great knowing that this confusion has been cleared up - not.

Sounds like you spoke to someone who clealry doesn't know what he is talking about as this matter has been cleared up on here many times.

You will get access to the F1 channel if you subscribe to one of the following:

The sports pack.

The HD channel (then you will get it in HD).

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
chloed

Hi 

I have HD pack so assume that I have F1, great. However I have tried to enter the competition for the F1 and it says I have to have HD to enter? 

"You can’t enter these competitions – they're just for Sky Sports and Sky+HD customers. We’re sorry about that. But don’t worry, there are plenty more rewards to choose from."

Why can I not enter if I have HD pack then?

Chloe

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
kato

Hi Chloe.

It appears the issue has been resolved.See Sky's statement.

Please accept our apologises, we have looked into this and we have identified there was an issue with the competition where it was looking for you to have both a Sky Sports and HD subscription in order to enter.

We have now fixed this error so that any customers who have either a Sky Sports or HD subscription can enter.

Please let us know if you have any further questions regarding this.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
I'm New Here
Redcar+Shep

So, I think I understand this, I get the F1 Channel as I have Sky HD - However what is the Channel number!

Super User
kato

Redcar+Shep wrote:

So, I think I understand this, I get the F1 Channel as I have Sky HD - However what is the Channel number!

Sky haven't announced it yet.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Super User
caesarome

It will be on Channel 408 with a slight reshuffle taking place I believe.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Graduate
Merlin77

yes 408 to replace Sky sports1 (sd) which will move.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Internet where men are men, women are men
and children are FBI agents.
I'm New Here
rutland65

I am probaly going to appear completely dense here, but here goes.

I have purchased Sky, purely to watch the F1. I have purhased a Sky+HD box and the entertainment package, will this give me F1. I assumed because I purchased the HD box, this would give me the HD I need to watch F1?

Thank you

Super User
kato

With what you got then you will not recieve the F1 Channel.

This is a breakdown of what is reqd.

1. If you have the HD package and Sky Sports 1&2, you will receive the F1 channel in glorious HD.

2. If you only have Sky Sports 1&2, then you will receive the F1 channel in SD.

3. If you have the HD package without Sky Sports 1&2, then you will still receive the F1 channel in stunning HD.

Visionary
IAN+THOMPSON

As long as you are subscribing to the HD package at £10.25 per month you will receive that channel. Ian.
Beta Tester for Sky. I can't answer any question about this!
Sky 2TB Box, Sky Unlimited Broadband with Hub, Sky Talk Unlimited, Apple IPhone 5, Apple IPad 2, Pansasonic 65inch 3D TV, Panasonic Combined Blu-Ray Disk And DVD Recorder also with 3D And HD Hard Disc Drive.
I'm New Here
lornad30

Really confused, and I have a feeling my question has probably been answered before but I really don't understand!

We got sky about a year ago maybe, and although our box is a Sky+ HD box Im not actually sure that we pay for the 'HD' part, I thought it was just Sky+ and it just said HD on the box, if this is even possible..

Does this mean I'll be able to watch the HD channel because I have the right BOX but not the actual HD package?

Is the HD package the £10 extra you have to pay?

Because my household only watches F1, we do not want other sports channels.

Thanks

Super User
kato

See if you can view a HD channel 106, 401 for example if you can then you have HD and will be able to watch the F1 channel at no extra cost.:smileyhappy:

Visionary
IAN+THOMPSON

[ Edited ]
Deleated
Beta Tester for Sky. I can't answer any question about this!
Sky 2TB Box, Sky Unlimited Broadband with Hub, Sky Talk Unlimited, Apple IPhone 5, Apple IPad 2, Pansasonic 65inch 3D TV, Panasonic Combined Blu-Ray Disk And DVD Recorder also with 3D And HD Hard Disc Drive.
Explorer
bertcocaine

Hi,

I wish people with HD would stop answering questions assuming everyone has the same channel list. HD channels are moved into the SD slot for that channel when you have HD. So, SD customers have Sky Sports 1 SD on 401, whereas HD customers have the HD version.

Also, there has been no mention of there being two channels for F1 - but surely if customers without HD (so subscribing through having Sports 1 & 2) are going to get an SD version, then there must be two channels? and presumably that will be the same, so if it's 408 as suggested above then it will be SD or HD depending on your subscription?

Very disappointed that Sky are selling it this way - I rang the other night to ask about just getting F1, I don't have an HD TV (so the HD pack would just give me two channels in SD if effect since they still go through the scart) and I don't want the other sports channels.. so I have to buy something i don't want to get something I do? Or is that just Sky's way of saying 'F1 channel is £10.25 a month, or free if you take Sports 1 & 2'? The agent i spoke to said most people have HD TV now, which i heard as 'you're not important to us as a customer'. 

Explorer
bertcocaine

to answer your question lornad30, newer Sky+ boxes are all actually Sky+HD boxes, they don't bother with just + boxes any more. But, if you don't pay for the HD pack you only get the SD channels. Best way to check is look at the EPG, if channel 106 is labelled 'Sky1' you don't have HD, if it's labelled 'Sky1 HD' you do have HD. The other version of the same channel is on channel 170.