Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Super User
kato

Re: Sky F1 Channel

angiel wrote:

We want to watch the F1 on sky but we dont understand how to go ahead. Do we need a HD TV to get HD package and do we get the F1 channel if we get HD package and NOT sprts channels. the F1 is the only thing we would watch on sports channels.

This is Sky's statement as to what you require for the F1 Channel.

1. If you have the HD package and Sky Sports 1&2, you will receive the F1 channel in glorious HD.

2. If you only have Sky Sports 1&2, then you will receive the F1 channel in SD.

3. If you have the HD package without Sky Sports 1&2, then you will still receive the F1 channel in stunning HD.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

angiel wrote:

Do we need a HD TV to get HD package and do we get the F1 channel if we get HD package and NOT sprts channels. the F1 is the only thing we would watch on sports channels.

You don't have to have a HD TV to get the HD package but you would not get the actual true HD picture but you still would get access to the F1 HD channel. You could connect the box to your tv via a scart socket.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
TomSheff

Hi,

This is great news that as a Sky HD customer (although not a Sky Sports customer) I'll be able to get Sky F1 channel.

Will I be able to watch this on my iPad with Sky Go though?

Thanks, Tom

Super User
caesarome

TomSheff wrote:

Will I be able to watch this on my iPad with Sky Go though?

Thanks, Tom

I would have thought you will but can't say that for sure.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Riwka

Hi , I chatted with SKy Today :

Welcome to Sky Live Chat Service. A Sky Advisor will be with you shortly.

You are now connected with Zohaib.

You: Hi

Zohaib: Hello, you're chatting with Zohaib, a Sky advisor, may I take your name please?

Zohaib: Hello

You: Hi , my name is Riwka . There is a lot of discussion regarding :The dedicated Sky Sports F1™ channel will be available at no extra cost to all Sky TV customers with Sky Sports 1&2 or the HD Pack... so do I need the sports package when I already subscribe to the HD channels ?

Zohaib: Hi

Zohaib: You should either have Sky sports or HD pack any one from this since you have HD pack you will get free F1 Channel

You: Ok , so the HD cahnnel pack I have will have F1 channel included ;0) Thats great no need to upgrade to the full Sports Package !

Zohaib: No need to upgrade for sports

Super User
caesarome

That is correct, because you already have the HD pack then you will be able to view the F1 HD channel as part of you subscripition.

I do not work for Sky.
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi TomSheff, 

As this is your first post I would like to welcome you to the forum :smileyhappy:

I can confirm that the F1 channel will be available to watch on SkyGo on the iPad for customers who are eligible to receive the F1 channel. The criteria is to have either dual sports and/or the HD subscription. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
MikeWales

Hi Guys, Just thought I would join the forum to let you know about a great telephone conversation I have just had.

I am one of many people who do not want to pay the full subscription costs to enjoy the coverage of F1 2012, so have been searching for either a Free or Cheap way of watching all the races. I HAVE FOUND ONE.

Thanks to a Great Sales Consultant in SKY FREESAT, i have got information on the following.

If you happen to have a sky dish on your property, which you haven't used (left by previous owners) get the dual cable from a decent shop and fix a cable link into wherever your box is going to be,  get your hands on an old or even used new sky box, via internet or Car Boot, etc..

Ring up FREESAT for Sky: 0844 209 0611

Order a Freesat Card (One off payment of £25 via phone, or if you have an old Card £20 online: https://mysky.sky.com/replacecard/home

Also this is where it is cheaper than a standard Sky Subscription (currently £20 WITHOUT HD Pack- £30.25pm including HD Pack - and this is the cheapest option apparently)...

Ask the Freesat Operator for an HD Pack Subscription (Month DD for ONLY £10.25 - Does not include movies or normal sports channels, BUT DOES INCLUDE FORMULA 1 HD CHANNEL) - and you also get the channel in SD, as well as all the normal non premium HD Channels.

So I now have the F1 HD Channel + 240 FTA channels + Extra HD Channels for ONLY £10.25pm (min 12 mth contract - which is normal) £123 for the year. Saving £240 per year.

Compare this to a Basic SKY Package to include HD Pack. £363 for the year.

Sorry for rambling, was just happy to be able to get F1 Channel for alot less than I was originally looking at paying.

If you want to confirm any of these details, simply contact FREESAT for SKY:  0844 209 0611.

Hope this was helpful to those who didn't want to get a Proper Sky Subscription just to watch F1.

Contributor
Merlin77

Just an update incase you havn't seen it,

The new advert for the F1HD channel was on last night again saying

Free to HD subscribers without Sky sports,

launch date 9th March.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Internet where men are men, women are men
and children are FBI agents.
Occasional Visitor
foam

The post by *Mike Wales* is rubbish.  The phone number he's given isn't a Sky number, in fact it's an Apple Support contact number.

Super User
caesarome

The number should be:

08442 410 595 then option 2

Taken from the Sky Freesat website:

http://www.sky.com/shop/freesat/home/what-can-i-watch/

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
foam

No mention of the Sky F1 channel on that list whatsoever.

Super User
caesarome

[ Edited ]

There wouldn't be any mention of it because you can watch the F1 channel via freesat. The phone number in my post was to correct the wrong number in the post you mentioned which was the Apple number.

08442 411 653 is the number if you want to order the F1 channel.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
MikeWales

I do apologise, but i must have written down the phone number incorrectly, but besides the phone number the rest of the information is Correct. I spoke to a guy called Mark and the freesat Callcentre is only based in Scotland, and nowhere else, so i presume they all have the same information as "Mark" gave/confirmed to me. I hope this clears up my mistake with the phone number.

Occasional Visitor
aterry

Hi all,

Well I just spoke to customer service tonight because sky.com wouldn't let me enter the F1 competition and guess what, I don't subscribe to both Sky Sports and Sky HD+ (only HD) so I cant enter.

His reply was that only customers that pay for both Sports and HD can watch the new F1 Channel because it only broadcasts in HD and for Sky Sports customers only!!!!!

It's great knowing that this confusion has been cleared up - not.