Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
StanUK
Accepted Solution

Sky F1 2014

[ Edited ]

Hello!

Right, I've been a Sky subsciber for a few years now and have been enjoying the Sky F1 HD channel from the start, as part of having the HD pack which, for me, got carried over to the 2013 season.  This was great as I didn't have to fork out for Sports, I'm not interested in football/cricket etc and so would never subscribe to it anyway.

My question is this: for the 2014 season will I still be able to watch the F1 HD channel if my package remains unaltered or will I be forced to upgrade to include the sports package?  Simple question - I'm hoping for a simple answer :smileyhappy:

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
The Future
S1

Re: Sky F1 2014

As far as I'm aware as long as you make no package changes you will continue to receive F1 as a bonus channel
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
StanUK

Thanks for the reply - it would be great to have an official response from the Sky team on this though.  My partner and I are looking to move house and the response from Sky will most likely determine if we keep the service or not.

Visionary
oj01

Only guessing here, but moving house probably constitutes changing your package.
The Future
S1

House move does not constitute a package change. As long as you continue youre existing subscription and onlychange address details then nothing should change. Contact Sky to confirm to put youre mind at rest
Community Coordinator
Kei+M

Hi Stan,

It's good to see another F1 enthusiast joining the community. You are correct when you state that you will continue to receive Sky F1 HD on the basis that you do not alter your package. Using Sky Home Move to take your services to your new property would not constitute a change to your package :smileywink: so your Sky F1 HD would continue in this scenario. 

If you have any other queries feel free to contact us.

Cheers,

Kei M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Getting There
StanUK

Thanks Kei M - this has clarified the situation for me!

Getting There
bomberman

Beware.

Because I was given and accepted a gesture of good will (two months of free movies) my contract changed (was not informed of this at any stage). I woke Saturday morning and put F1 on only to find a request to subscribe to Sky Sports! Phoned Sky only be informed that they can't reinstate my package and as such F1 has gone as my HD package changed. 15 mins later still no progress so cancelled given the fact that I was not informed of this change and feel robbed (why would I change my package at the tail end of the F1 season)
The long and short of it is that if any existing HD subscribers make any changes or accept any gestures of goodwill you will loose F1 HD unless you subscribe to Sky Sports.

I now have Sky Sports for a month F.O.C so that I can watch the last few F1 races.

B

I'm New Here
Barbarella1234

Regarding F1 HD i was advised by one of your customer service team that I could save £5 a month on my subscription by removing this? Is this true? I asked for this to be done but 3 weeks later it hasnt been actioned on my account. Can anyone advise please?

I'm New Here
Dan+Medhurst

I have just been informed (via a cold call from Sky) that as of next season, i will lose my "free" F1HD channel and will have to subscribe to Sky Sports.. is this true? If so it will be a reason for me to ditch Sky entirely to be honest.. 

The Future
S1

@Dan+Medhurst

As has been confirmed in this thread, if you currently receive F1 channel as part of youre current subscription, then this will continue in 2014-as long as you do not make any changes to channels you subscribe to. My advice is change nothing and keep access to F1
I'm New Here
Dan+Medhurst

Thanks @S1 :smileyhappy:

I'll save this thread just in case!
The Future
S1

You're welcome. I too receive F1 without Sports package! Long may it continue ;-)
Getting There
coconavis

I did hear that someone :smileywink:recently downgraded their Entertainment Extra pack, not realising they would lose F1...the weird thing was they kept F1, but lost all the On Demand stuff via the wireless adaptor, which was the reason for their call to SKY...this persons wife went nuts as she was halfway through S2 of Greys Anatomy!

On querying it, they were told they would now have to take Sky Sports to get F1 (which they still had)...all they wanted was the ability to watch BoxSets....which had the Blue "upgrade your package by calling 08444**** message). 

This erm...'friend' called Sky to cancel and go to Freesat, with a couple of nice new Humax HD boxes ready to be bought.  The agent sounded perplexed as to why F1 was still working, but all the On Demand feed had been removed.  (Downgrade was from Entertainment Extra to Entertainment)....

Anyway, without the agent doing anything, she asked the uh hum...'friend' to try to download an episode of something from a BoxSet....and it worked....AND F1 channel still worked.  What happened between an agent saying once you had downgraded a legacy HD pack you would lose F1, and this call she couldnt work out.  The weird thing was that F1 never went during the downgrade, only the On Demand feed.

Weird I suppose...perhaps they read my 'friends' mind and realised he was going to cancel the lot.  

I'm New Here
Upwell-Boy

I too moved property in September 2013, and had 2 Months in temporary accomodation with no Sky until mr new place was ready. THe advice was to change my package to include sky sports but to drop HD as a no cost package, so that I could continue to receive F! on my tablet through SKY Go , and then once in my property to reinstate my package to include HD, but drop sports - I also had to ditch anytime as my landord wouldn't allow changes to infrastructure to bring in the second feed as the property is cabled with an RF feed from the SKY HD box. The end result is that I have now lost the F1 channel (despite being told I wouldn't lose it) as my package has changed, and it cannot be re-instated onto the HD package. I won't be subscribing to Sky Sports as I have no interest what so ever in ball sports of any persuasion, and yes, I am dissapointed by that. I'm guessing I will be looking to see what the internet has to offer, but I will definitley miss Martin's grid walk.