Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
Stefan6607
Accepted Solution

Sky Anytime+ - Wireless

I have "purchased" Sky Anytime+ with the do-it-yourself package so it's free.

I haven't set it up yet as I want some advice if possible before I change everything around.

Ideally I want it to be wireless. I can set it up myself with an ethernet cable but wanted to know if once set up I can remove the wire and put everything back as my box is on the other side of the living room to my router.

So my question is can I set up the box using an ethernet cable and then remove the cable and work wireless or does it have to remain wired.

Regards

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Sky Anytime+ - Wireless

Stefan6607 wrote:

So my question is can I set up the box using an ethernet cable and then remove the cable and work wireless or does it have to remain wired.

You can set it up how you want, but for it to work wirelessly you would have to buy a wirless part from Sky for £60 to plug into the back of your Sky HD box so it can comunicate to your router wherever it is on your house.

If you use a wire once you remove it Anytime+ would not work as there would be no internet connection going into your HD box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Explorer
CoderSys

I heard you can use any wireless router so dont have to buy the Sky one for £60....

Does anyone know if this is true?  If so which ones work?

Super User
caesarome

[ Edited ]

CoderSys wrote:

I heard you can use any wireless router so dont have to buy the Sky one for £60....

Does anyone know if this is true?  If so which ones work?

It isn't a router you would be being from Sky from this, it is a device that will communicate with your existing router.

These are a few pictures of the £60 box you would buy:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news-gallery/33434/sky-anytime-plus-video-on-demand/7#image

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news-gallery/33434/sky-anytime-plus-video-on-demand/8#image

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news-gallery/33434/sky-anytime-plus-video-on-demand/9#image

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.