Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Bouncer
Accepted Solution

Sky Anytime Plus set-up.

I have recently got sky TV with Sky World , unlimited broadband and talk free time. I want to set up anytime plus with a Ethernet cable. I understand that it is a free service, however when I upgrade (as instructed) to sky anytime plus it lists the charge for Sky World. Will I be charged this for upgrading to anytime plus?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Sky Anytime Plus set-up.

No you will not be charged, I believe from what has been posted on here before that any charges shown is down to a bug in the software. Your monthly fee for your Sky products will remain the same as before.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
I'm New Here
ANDY9876

WHEN I GO TO ACTIVATE SKY ANYTIME+ on the Internet it refuses me because it says I havnt got sky hd box,i had a sky hd box about 3 months ago,i asked the maintenance guy and he told me just to plug my led in to box and router and it will work,but no joy,was thinking of upgrading my sky package but no point if I cant get that to work, thanks

Super User
caesarome

You say you had a HD box 3 months ago, do you still have this box now and is it a HD+ (recordable) one ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Mentor
fogstershadow

Sounds like you will have to phone Sky.

Staff
Anne-M

Hi ANDY9876,

Have you managed to activate Anytime+ yet?  If not, could you post back with the boxes Model number and Version number?  You can find this information from your box by pressing Services on the Remote Control followed by number 0 then number 3.

Anytime+ will let you download any content from the library, however you will only be able to playback content successfully that is part of your package. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
I'm New Here
STARWARS49

how can i get anytime + movies so i can pick from 100s of movies

i dont know how to get it

Super User
caesarome

Do you have Sky Broadband Everday or Unlimited and do you have a Sky HD+ box because if you don't then you can get it.

If you do all you need to do is to run a acbale from your Sky HD+ box to your broadband router if they are near each other. If they are not one option would be to buy a wireless adaptor from Sky for £60.

You would then activate it via your MySky pages online and after a few days you should see all these extra movies and programs that are availabel to download.

I do not work for Sky.
Getting There
Gramps2

I have just set up my wireless broadband connection, have had Sky+HD box for quite a while.   I want to get Sky Anytime + but cannot have a cable connection as my router is upstairs at one end of the house and HD Box downstairs at the opposite end of the house!   Totally impractical.   If I buy a wireless adaptor for £60 will that work?   Don't want to waste the money if it may not.

Super User
caesarome

Your set up sounds very similar to mine, my router is upstairs and a sky box with anytime downstairs and it works perfectly via the wireless adaptor.

I do not work for Sky.
Getting There
Gramps2

All I needed to know so I'll give it a go.   Thanks.  :smileyhappy:

Getting There
tacapall

Trying to activate anytime + I have everything I need but keeps bringing me to the basket option telling me my new bill will be 97.99 per month, I dont need a new box I have a black sky+hd box plus a full hd package and unlimited broadband.

Super User
caesarome

You haven't said what you pay now or how much more this £97.99 total is. Is the website adding a Sky box to the basket as well. Either way give Sky a call and they will activate it for you.

I do not work for Sky.
Mentor
fogstershadow

If it has aparently charged you for Anytime+, ignore it. Many members here have reported this apparent charge upon ordering, but nobody has come back and said they actually paid the charge.

Getting There
sre

How do you 'activate' anytime+? I'm going round in circles on the website, my sky, live chat etc etc. Has anyone cracked that online? One of the many, many 'help' pages states you have to activate this online - but then sends you in an endless loop where you end up back where you started. I've avoided phoning Sky to activate it - but I guess that's the next step.