Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Andy1205

Sky 3D Test Card

Why do Sky find it necessary to scramble the 3D Test Card?

I have been told that this is the best way of making sure all my TV settings are correct, but cannot access it.

The 3D channel shows very little sport, but Sky want to force me to pay for a sports subscription to watch it.

What other way is there of accessing this channel?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Re: Sky 3D Test Card

Hi Andy1205,

Thank for bringing your question to the community.

The test card is encrypted, as with all content on the 3D channel, you need to subscribe to the full package to receive that channel.

Barry
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Bluelise

Hi,

I have searched everywhere but cannot find the test card.  It says on the 3D video with Zoe Ball, that you can use the test card to test brightness, sound synch etc, but it makes no mention of where to access it.  Can you help?

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi Bluelise, 

First of all I would like to welcome you to the forum.

You can find out when the 3D test card is on by using the online tv guide here

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
bailey121

can we use this without sky world as we dont watch sports but we do use the ppv on the sky 3d channal so can we use this or are we not aloud if we not aloud i dont think i will use the ppv again its meant to help us with 3d watching and ppv is using the channal so why should i not get the best i can with the help of  this

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi bailey121,

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the lateness of my reply.

To have access to any of the 3D content from Sky, you need to a Sky World customer, unfortunately if you do not subscribe to the Sports package this would not be possible.

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you were looking for from us.

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
Mitch26

Does anyone know where to find the 3D test card and how to use it? I have spoken to several different people at sky and they have no idea what i ame talking about!

Super User
ozsat

Mitch26 wrote:

Does anyone know where to find the 3D test card and how to use it? I have spoken to several different people at sky and they have no idea what i ame talking about!

It shows up in the EPG quite often so you should be able to find it - it also often appears in between programmes. The audio explains it.

BBC HD have their own version usually shown 2-3 times a day during the Preview programme.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
SkyHD /3D (Primary: 4F3162, Secondary: 4F3157), On Demand via VirginMedia 152Mb
Occasional Visitor
benish1

I don't think your on the same page as Mitch26 here!

When watching the Test Card on Sky 3D at 1145 Zoe Ball clearly states that 'she will not go into the settings right now' (ie the brightness/contrast/dolby tests etc) but if you go to sky.com/3dtestcard you can find out where to access them.

At the end she says 'Dont forget the extended test card is available on anytime and online'.    I cant find it!

So does any one know where we can access this?!

Super User
ozsat

It does pop up on Anytime every now and again - I kept it in my planner.

It is also seen as a filler in between programmes on Sky 3D - but not listed.

Super User
ozsat

Sky 3D Test Card is on:

Thursday night (12th Apr) at 12.45am

Tuesday (17th Apr) at 4.30pm

Wednesday night (18th Apr) at 12.45am

Occasional Visitor
carabieber

hi.

------------------------------------------------------------
Sky-1TB (3D/HD), Anytime+ via VirginMedia 100Mb