Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
wetmore32

Silverlight already installed not recognised

I have sky go but when i try to watch it asks me to install Silverlight which is already installed. I have tried removing Silverlight and reinstalling but Sky Go still says install Silverlight. The funny thing is Sky Go used to work on this laptop but i am told that it is not registered. Help!

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Try uninstalling Microsoft Silverlight off your computer...

Try uninstalling Microsoft Silverlight off your computer and then reboot the PC. When it has started up again go to use Sky Go again and it should prompt you to install silverlight which you need to do again, once this has been done hopefully you will not see that message again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
wetmore32

Re: Try uninstalling Microsoft Silverlight off your computer...

Thanks, but I have tried that without success.
Staff (Retired)
batweb79

Re: Try uninstalling Microsoft Silverlight off your computer...

Hi wetmore32,

When you removed Silverlight did you remove the Playready folder at the same time?

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.