Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
i+love+my+sky+box

Shared Planner - DNLA?

Interesting question for the powers that be.

We've heard the talk of shared planner being introduced, so you can play stored content from one box to another connected to your home network...

But will this use DNLA and if so would that mean you could stream that content to any DNLA device on your network?

Just a question that popped up whilst I was streaming pictures from my cell phone to my tv this morning.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Shared Planner - DNLA?

You have got pretty much no chance of finding that out on here as per this when it was mentioned a few days ago:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD/Shared-Planner/m-p/365489/highlight/true#M21203

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Contributor
i+love+my+sky+box

Well its worth asking, even if only to raise the question for others to discuss.

Would it be something people would want?

Would it fit in with the Sky idea of expanding our use of content, much like Sky Go and the forthcoming free wifi access via the Cloud for Sky broadband users.

Contributor
Ragnarok

Highly unlikely.  To do that, the program would have to be sent to your network unencrypted.  Which means that you could easily stream it anywhere in the World, or record it to the hard drive of a computer.  Sky have always been careful to stop people making digital recordings or streaming programs to non-paying viewers as much as is practical.