Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
benwoodward1102

Re: Seperated

It's not actually for data protection reasons - if so, perhaps you could tell me which clause of the Data Protection Act it is being so done....  I'd like to know under the Freedom of Information Act!

Mentioning "Data Protection" really annoys people these days.  It's my data I'm trying to protect!  If my ex has the account and defaults on it, the debt-collectors would run after me!

It's actually a Sky Terms and Conditions thing - only one account holder blah...

This is something that should be straightforward, and isn't due to Sky being unnecessarily obtuse.  It was easy with the electricity company...

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
livewire132

need to change sky account into my name

my sister who was the account holder has moved out i can not get hold of her the bill is over £90 for last mouth and this mouth its £45 i im willing to pay it but not untill the account gets put in to my name i rang you/sky up and thay said i can not just change a name all you have to do, for e.g change sanya to john its not that hard then i will pay or i will aply for sky in my name and you wont get your money you are own at all and i save over £150 can some one get back to me i want this sorted out like yesterday

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Shelz

Re: need to change sky account into my name

Hi livewire132,

Sorry that your first post is under these circumstances.

Unfortunately we do not change the names on the account from the original owner of the account, except under certain circumstances (e.g. The account holder passes away).

A new contract would have to be taken out in your name and the old account closed down, but we will only be able to do this by speaking to the account holder at present and have this sorted out.

For any cancellations 31 days notice need to be applied - which are stated in the Terms and Conditions of your contract.

Many thanks, 

Shelz
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
mother58

The reason why sky do this is to get another 12 month contract out of you..

The use of the words data protection are just an excuse, as they are not giving any information. I pay the account, my husband and I have been separated for a year now, and if it wasn't for the fact we still get on I would have just run up the bill.

Well virgin are now moving into our road and as soon as they're in it'll be good bye sky..

Retired Staff Member
StacieB

[ Edited ]

Hi mother58,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way, however we cannot change the name on any established account and this is highlighted in point 16.1 in our terms and conditions.

I appreciate that there are customers out there who have one name on an account but the bill is paid by someone else, this is acceptable, however we will not change a name on an account unless its due to instances of bereavement.

I apologise that you are looking to leave Sky, is this due to the name change on the account or are you having other problems we could help with?

Thanks. 

Occasional Visitor
colinpoole

Re: Separated and need to change sky account into my name

[ Edited ]

Please could you cancel my previous account under the name of <Removed>,which no 

longer exists. My new account is <Removed>, account number <Removed>.

Regards <Removed>.

Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Hi colinpoole,

Thanks for bringing your query to the Forum.

Unfortunately it's not possible for this to be done through the Forum, you will have to follow this link to contact us for this to be arranged.

Many Thanks,

Visitor
BARRY+2TERESA

PLEASE NOTE THAT BARRY JONES HAS ALLWAYS BEEN THE BILL PAYER AND SHOULD BE THE NAME ON THE ACCOUNT

DELL EDWARDS

Visitor
BARRY+2TERESA

PLEASE NOTE THAT BARRY JONES HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE BILL PAYER AND HIS NAME SHOULD BE ON THE ACCOUNT NOT MINE 

YOURS 

DELL EDWARDS 

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi BARRY+2TERESA

As this is account specific you will have to contact us direct , to get this looked into. 

Thanks

Jane
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Magwytch

Re: Separated

I am not Lynn, I am her ex-husband, Lynn left over 7 years ago, I have contacted Sky on a number of occasions to try to sort out the same problem but nobody has been able to help, one latter piece of advice I received from a Sky employee was that I should cancel the direct debit to Sky (which has always been paid from my account) as they would then sort the matter out.

Wilf Russell

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Re: Separated

Hi Magwytch,

Sorry to hear you are having issues trying to cancel your ex-wife's Sky account.

The only way for this to happen is if you can get her to contact us directly and we will apply a 31 day notice to the account however, you were informed correctly you have the right to cancel your direct debt at anytime as this account is in your ex-wife's name therefore she is responsible for the account.

I hope this can help and Welcome to the Sky Forum.:smileyvery-happy:

Tricia07
Community Coordinator

Retired Staff Member
fishermin

Visitor
gil1954

Re acc holder i pay bill

[ Edited ]

i am acc holdre but 2nd user i have lods of sky  aps  mysky skyid skyhd i HAVE NEVER SET NODID I ASK FOR 2ND   USER RIGHTS I HAVV TRYED EMAIL IT NEVER GO TO SKY IT IS RE DRCT SO FED UP SKY ROTER LOCK TO WIR I USE LAN SET TO 100MBPS ENEY ONE HELP THANS Removed

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Re: Re acc holder I pay bill

[ Edited ]

Hi gil1954, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and sorry for the delay in replying.

I am a little unsure to what you need help with, are you having an issue using your Sky ID?

LauraMac
Community Coordinator