The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
I have now my Sky Broadband running. I am not happy with the speed; it is as not fast as previous broadband issues. I had a few issues. But it is still new and I probably have not set it up as best it should be.
1. I am connecting router to various devices: TV, Macbook, iPad, iPhone, 2xSmartphones and HP Printer. I was only able to connect to one device, but I seem to have resolved the problem now after resestting router. Could anyone tell me why I was only able to connect to one device at a time?
2. Which is the best security option? With my previous broaband new devices could only connect to broaband if they were registered with the router. But with this Sky Router, I don't how to do it. I have tried all options. I want devices to be registered with the router by push button and then only able to connect.
3. Channel. How to find which channel is best? I am currently using Channel 4 - giving better speed than channel 11. Just random check?
Thanks for your post. I will try to address your issues one a time and hopefully afterwards you will have a better idea of what's going on.
1. You should be able to connect more than 1 device at a time. Can you tell me what's been happening when you try to connect more than 1 device? Do you get an error message and does that happen with a particular device?
2. The best security option for your router is to log in to the router - 192.168.0.1 - Login: admin, password: sky and you can manage your password here.
3. The best channel is to select auto and this will find the most stable and fastest speed.
I hope this answers your questions. If it does not or if you require any clarification, please post again here where I will be more than happy to assist.