Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
Bonesy165

Secondhand sr101 router

My original sky router that I have forever has stopped working for wireless connection so somebody gave one of the new sr101 routers and I can't get it working spoke to sky and because I did not purchase it from them they will give no support. When I do a sky test it says report status 4 dsl line ok ppp session using your router ppp login is not ok ppp session using sky ppp test login is ok. All I wanted to know from sky is if the router had been blocked or switched off the guy said they don't block equipment just lines and if I went online I may get it working so here I am does anybody have any ideas please thanks Ian.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
speedyrite

Re: Secondhand sr101 router

Have you tried a reset?

Soft reset: Press and hold the reset button on the back of the Sky Hub for approximately 2 seconds (the power light will flash amber once). The Sky Hub should reboot and connect to the internet.

Factory reset: If the first step does not work you can reset the Sky Hub to its default factory settings, which will also reset any changes you have made to you default wireless passwords, network ID, or other changes.

Press and hold the reset button on the back of the Sky Hub until the power light flashes on and off four times then remains on. This will take approximately 10 seconds. The Sky Hub should reboot with default settings and connect to the internet.

Try the Soft reset first.

If that doesn't sort it out, try the Factroy reset.

"All opinions are my own, other advice may be available and may differ from mine.
I do not work for Sky, I'm just a customer like you!
If my advice has helped you, say thanks by clicking on thumbs up"
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
I'm New Here
Bonesy165

I had already tried a soft reset just done a full reset the power light came on then the wireless light the orange smiling face flashed a few times then went solid retried sky test on the router same fault. Drives me mad sky say don't use anything but there equipment but unless you buy from them there is no support.
Super User
speedyrite

Try the router recovery tool. Download from here and follow the instructions:

http://help.sky.com/broadband/problems-with-your-connection/download-the-sky-router-recovery-tool

"All opinions are my own, other advice may be available and may differ from mine.
I'm New Here
Bonesy165

I have downloaded the recovery file onto USB drive unplugged everything except power and phone line connection using one rj45 to laptop and when it asks if the router is in recovery mode orange flashing power light the answer is no and tells me to contact sky again ?
Super User
speedyrite

[ Edited ]

Sounds like it's a lost cause :smileysad:

Can you return it and get your money back?

Sorry but I'm out of ideas now!

I'm New Here
Bonesy165

Yeh looks like you are right got no joy out of it at all cant get money back as it was given to me by a friend so will have to look around for another thanks for your help anyway.
Getting There
crowers

Hi did you find a solution. I have the same issue I bought a sky hub second hand but had the orange smiley face lit. Contacted sky who say that the seller hadn't paid their broadband bill and so the mac address of the hub has been blocked by sky. What can I do?
Super User
speedyrite

Can you get a refund from the seller?