Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
alldar
Accepted Solution

STV HD

When will we in Scotland get our main network channel in HD? Plus we also now don't get STV+1. When will STV & SKY get their act together?
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: STV HD

[ Edited ]

You should be addressing that question to STV, not Sky.  It is the decision of the broadcaster to decide which platforms carry their programmes.  There are also legal and contractual matters currently ongoing, mainly between STV and ITV plc,  that are affecting the situation.  Don't hold your breath for a speedy resolution.

In the meantime, add it manually. 10936, V, 22.0, 5/6 .  STV HD is Label 3855.

When added, you'll find it in 'Other Channels'.  It is not in the EPG.  It is not recordable.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
alldar

[ Edited ]

Kenneth, thanks for the reply.....already do all this for STV HD & STV+1. Problem is that you cannot record them. I have already complained to STV with the standard response, hence trying to get some more info on what the problem is. STV HD has been available since summer....both sides need to push each other.

Contributor
davy1

i think we in scotland should get a rebate in that we pay the same for hd and don`t get stv hd or stv+1.

also. we should be able to watch any itv region not what is in our card and what sky say. i can get anything with freesat and as the name says, it is free. sky up prices constantly. wish they had competition again like the old days when they first started.................

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

You can manually add BBC and ITV regions to your lineup.  See this handy guide.

Regular Visitor
alldar

This is true for SD, but not for HD. In Scotland we can not get ITV HD on SKY in any shape or form
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Read the link above.

Regular Visitor
alldar

[ Edited ]

Apologies....you are right with respect to viewing the HD channels but they are not on the EPG, and therefore cannot use the planner or record these channels, which is my main issue.

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

OK.  I am in Edinburgh, and have adopted a 'wait-and-see' attitude to STV and their current scuffle with ITV plc.  Sky can only act after the two parties have resolved their current differences, and STV HD can be made available on the EPG.

Regular Visitor
alldar

I would have agreed with this If STV was not already on SKY. The issue is between STV and SKY on this. ITV would love to broadcast to the whole of the UK, and I understand why STV don't want this....STV programming is shocking....more would watch ITV if given the choice.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Some more on this today Clicky  ie, we'll get it when STV are good and ready to shell out for an EPG slot, and also when they've concluded their 'negotiations' with ITV plc.:smileyvery-happy:

Regular Visitor
alldar

This is the same letter I got as a response to my query months ago. If STV really wanted this it, they would be on SKY by now....price of the EPG must be the sticking point and no-one is budging.
Visitor
mtba44

All Sky customers should not watch STV and watch ITV on channel 993, to show STV that they have to change there minds over not allowing HD on Sky

Visitor
mtba44

If you have SKY HD box be like me I do not watch STV now I only watch and record ITV its the best way I know them

Occasional Visitor
AULDBUFF

I also watch ITV instead of STV but it does not offer HD.

My daughter who has Virgin in Dundee maintains she gets ITV HD?