Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
pompeydave

SKy App for XBOX One

Hi All,

As a fan of the sky app on the xbox 360, I was disappointed to see that even though I have shelled out over £400 on a XBOX One and pay a full subscription to sky they will not be putting an app on XBOX One.

Sky reasoning behind this is that they want to focus on tablets and androids etc, I was hoping there are more people like me extremely annoyed by this, As I found the sky app for XBOX 360 a brilliant additional to what I feel an over priced subscription.

Surely I cant be the only one who is disappointed by this news and was hoping if we grouped together we could hopefully changed sky's mind and reconsider a bad move in my opinion.

I have used the forum before for advice but never posted before so I hope this is correct and there isn't anything similar on here if there is I will sign up to it.

I personally think Sky are shying away from this so people use the more exspensive multiroom route. I already have multiroom and dont  wish to add a third box. But I am sure there are other people that are at the limit with regards to their sky bill so found the app excellent way to view without the extra cost?

I thought Sky and XBOX was in partnership on this and it should be the XBOX ONE as well as 360 users.... Who agrees???

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
DEMON+DARTH

Re: SKy App for XBOX One

I agree entirely. Same disappointment for me as well. Now annoyingly i have to switch between 2 machines if i want to use my skygo ticket. Annoying.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi pompeydave & DEMON+DARTH,

I can see where you're coming from with the regards to Sky Go App on the Xbox one, as Sam Mentioned in his post, we will continue to review the situation and you never know we may offer Sky Go.

Thanks

LauraMac
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
brumby12

The lack of an app on xbox one is absurd.
Visitor
Becks1873

I have just purchased two xbox ones to replace an 360 and the sky app was the one thing my kids were looking forward too. watching sky tv in their rooms via the xbox would save me getting set top boxes installed.

What an absolute joke it is to find no sky app!!! I have tried getting in via IE but need silverlight plug in but that aint conpatable with xbox one.

Where does one go from here sky??

Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your post and for taking the time to join the community.

I'm sorry to see that you are unable to watch Sky Go on your Xbox one, you can find more info on our plans for this by clicking here.

If you are still looking for extra subscriptions for rooms you can still use this on other devices or you could get Sky Multiscreen.

Cheers

Kris

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Dovid

Hi all, hang on to your old xbox 360 and plug it in to the new xbox one hdmi in socket and all is good you'll get sky go from the old box through the new box.
Visitor
Ricky+Skinner

It's very simple really, i plan on purchasing an xbox one myself and when i do i will be cancelling my whole sky account, thats all of it, phone, broadband, tv, sports, movies, skygo extra! Everything. I'm not watching sky on my little iphone screen, i'm not buying an ipad to watch it on, i want to watch my sky go in the comfort of my bedroom on my large screen tv, by saying xbox tv,, and then it launches the skygo app for xbox one automatically. if you can't do that then skygo becomes obsolete, which it pretty much is anyway because of all the problems i have with it. I see a program i like, its on dave channel, i never watch dave channel, its mainly repeats of stuff, but here is a program i like, so i watch 3 episodes and patiently wait for more. a few weeks later i look at dave and see more episodes available. i try and watch them but no! upgrade now! try and watch the episodes i had already watched... upgrade now, i'm thinking did they take dave channel off me, i look at the other programs. i can watch them no problem, all of them! the only one i cant watch was the one i showed interest in. i need to upgrade for that! not the first time it happened either, it happened with another show i was watching. sky needs to have an app for xbox one or else my whole sky account becomes obsolete, i watch tv upstairs in my bedroom about 99% of the time, the box downstairs gets used for the other 1%. 

Occasional Visitor
jonny1993

I cant belive sky cant be arsed to make a app because a tablet is more important I also know 2 people that will not buy a xbox one because of this
Occasional Visitor
jonny1993

Extremely dissatisfied with sky.
Community Coordinator
Dylan-P

Hi All. As Dovid says, it is possible to plug your Xbox 360 into your new Xbox One. There is an HMDI input so you should be fine to use all of the 360's features through your Xbox One.

I know you would like to be able to use your new device but as you all know there is currently no direct means of doing this. 

Keep an eye on the community pages for any further updates regarding this issue.

Thanks 

Dylan
Community Coordinator

DEMON+DARTH

Im really sorry, but to just suggest to plug in your 360 into the Xbox One is pretty lame. I know that can be done but your missing the point. Some people wont even have their old 360 to 'plug in' and also if you did have it then its just the same as suggesting you go watch sky-go app on Xbox 360 instead of the Xbox One.
Community Coordinator
Dylan-P

Hi DEMON+DARTH.

I know it is not quite what you want, but currently that is the only way you will be able to watch through your Xbox One. 

Hopefully there will be further development for this, but as it stands it's not available.

I can only suggest that you keep this point active and keep an eye on the community for any further development.

Sorry that we are unable to give you guys some better news at this time.

Thanks 

Dylan
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
antosky

Surely with Xbox One sales passing 3.2 millon sales in Europe in the first 3 months, the Sky Go app should be a priority for this platform.With sales to rise to over 5 million by the end of the year this has to happen. For it to be available on the 360 which will be obsolete in 2 to 3 years time and not for the Xbox one the console of the future is just plane daft.This also applies to the Playstation 4 which has surpassed Xbox one sales.....

DEMON+DARTH

Totally agree. And i know ive mentioned this before but there is also another problem with plugging inyour 360 to xbox one...................ethernet cable? The 360 does not use the xbox ones net connection.... So you have to have an internet cable in your 360 as well. (I dont want to set it up as wireless for skygo either as quality is worse). And yes some could also plug in two ethernet cables to their router etc, unfortunatly i dont have room for that, and i dare say others will be in the same boat. Why should i also have to faff around with ethernet splitters.....

Yes its new tech, but really? How hard can it be to add an xbox one skygo app???
Dont your people get paid for things like this?
I can only assume its not on there due to licencing fees/Microsoft ££££££ Or other costs sky dont want to pay.....