Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
NicolaD1982

Re: SKY remote stops working completely

Wow brilliant..... Thanks Malcolm. I changed the batteries in my remote last night and it didn't work at all but I have just done what you suggested and now it is working fine again :smileyhappy:

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
I'm New Here
Matt18

Same as alot of people i was just about to order a new remote online, until i come across this forum and noticed a sequence on how to fix the problem and considering everyone is thanking a guy called Malculm i will do the same thanks alot my remote now works great again, thanks!!!!!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
I'm New Here
Oldbiker

Brilliant my remote would not pause right away and had to press it 3 or 4 times to get it to work and the same when trying to pause play back.

Did as instructed and did lose the volume sound and mute (as Jean55 wrote.)

Once again followed instructions to get this back on and it worked perfectly.

My wife is extremely pleased with this and I no longer have to pick the remote out of the fire. :smileyhappy:

Many many thanks for info.

I'm New Here
stuart777

ITS WORKS GOOD TIP THANKS.

Getting There
starscr3am

my sky remote has just stopped working and thought thats it £20-30 ill have to spend on getting another but before I did I thought i'd just have a look on here took one battery out held "select" for 60 seconds and BANG there it was working all fine now thankyou whoever came up with that AMAZING!!!!!!!

I'm New Here
Kevinbix

[ Edited ]

Malcom you are star buddy ... welldonee. it worked like a charm.

I'm New Here
4BallPutter

Malcolm....you are a legend !!! Thanks
I'm New Here
woodybuzz

I have two remotes that have stopped working on my Sky+ box. The red light comes on the box as it does on the control when pressed, but nothing happens on the screen. I have tried new batteries and the 60 second thing, but to no avail. any help appreciated.

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi woodybuzz,

Can you think of anything which may have happened to stop the remote from operating?  Does the box function if you use the buttons on top of it?  Could you try switching the box off at the wall for 4-5 minutes and then switch it back on please and see if this resolves your issue?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

I'm New Here
Kellyk327

Thanks Malcolm..... I have to admit to I was sceptical like everyone else.... but it worked!!!!!!

Thanks again :smileyhappy:

Getting There
RANGERS121

mines still does not work after completing the steps provided . the led flashes when pressing the buttons but doesnt work the sky box or tv / tried replacinfg batteries , and still nothing . any further help would be greatly appreciated / i have a version 8 sky remote . mitsibushi tv . model number CT-21M3BM . also tried re-entering my codes 0136 . but nothing functions. :smileysad:

El Capo
Kenneth+M

RANGERS121 wrote:

mines still does not work after completing the steps provided . the led flashes when pressing the buttons but doesnt work the sky box or tv / tried replacinfg batteries , and still nothing . any further help would be greatly appreciated / i have a version 8 sky remote . mitsibushi tv . model number CT-21M3BM . also tried re-entering my codes 0136 . but nothing functions. :smileysad:

The red LED flashing does not necessarily mean the remote's IR transmitter is actually working.  Use a digicam, look through the electronic viewfinder and and see if there's a flash of white light at the end of the remote when you press buttons.

If there's a white flash, you could try resetting the remote.  Press:

tv

Select & red together ( remote LED flashes twice )

999  ( remote LED flashes twice )

Press 'Sky' and boot up the digibox

( You may have to re-enter the tv code )

then press:

tv

Select & 'i' together   ( remote LED flashes twice )

then 0 ( for a standard digibox ), or 1 ( for a Sky+ ), or 2 ( for a Sky HD )

Select ( remote LED flashes twice )

Sky button to activate the digibox

Getting There
RANGERS121

Kenneth+M wrote:

RANGERS121 wrote:

The red LED flashing does not necessarily mean the remote's IR transmitter is actually working.  Use a digicam, look through the electronic viewfinder and and see if there's a flash of white light at the end of the remote when you press buttons.

If there's a white flash, you could try resetting the remote.  Press:

tv

Select & red together ( remote LED flashes twice )

999  ( remote LED flashes twice )

Press 'Sky' and boot up the digibox

( You may have to re-enter the tv code )

then press:

tv

Select & 'i' together   ( remote LED flashes twice )

then 0 ( for a standard digibox ), or 1 ( for a Sky+ ), or 2 ( for a Sky HD )

Select ( remote LED flashes twice )

Sky button to activate the digibox

thankyou very much for your help . i actually took the top off of my sky remote and very gently touched the transmitter and all of a sudden my remote is working again . i cant ever remember dropping it or anything but that done the trick for . thanx for the responce :smileyhappy:

El Capo
Kenneth+M

You're sorted, good.  You'll know what the problem is next time.:smileyvery-happy:

Getting There
Tom+W

Malcolm, you are amazing. it worked. Thank you