Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
JTootill
Accepted Solution

SKY remote stops working completely

hello.

my sky hd remote works fine then suddenly stops working completely.. ive changed the batteries and its not even 4 months old. if its left for an hour it will start working again. is there a solution that im not aware of?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: SKY remote stops working completely

Try resetting the remote.  Press 'tv', hold down 'select' and red together ( LED blinks twice ), key 999 ( LED blinks twice ).  Then re-input the code for your tv.  Please also be aware that screen radiation, backlighting, energy-saving lightbulbs, digiboxes being in glass cabinets, and direct sunlight can affect remote performance.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
JTootill

The problem is i cant reset it becuz the led light goes out completely and it literally doesnt work
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

[ Edited ]

OK. Try leaving the batteries out overnight.  This will reset it anyway.  Or if you've had it for less than a year, get onto Sky for a replacement.

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi JTootill, as suggested it may need replaced depending on how often it happens. Often if an HD remote stops working taking one battery out and holding down select for 60 seconds before replacing the battery will fix it.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
higgysauce

Malcom suggestion worked for me after my remote suddenly stopped working while searching the tv guide

GSH
Occasional Visitor
GSH

Thanks Malcolm.

I'm not sure how taking one battery out and holding select for 60 secs works, but it did !! Why can't Sky tell us useful info like this...Happy Christmas !!

Frequent Visitor
Snowglowjoe

Malcolm,

Many thanks for your remote tips! Got me out of a hole this morning

Occasional Visitor
Coolman

Your the man Malcolm!

Been wothout remote for ages until I followed your instructions

Great Stuff

Occasional Visitor
skusuk56

Firstly my sky box had red light on....could not do anything with it....tried turning off at socket and holding buttons as advised on this site....did not work...then pressed button on top of box and green light came on....i thought great fixed it...WRONG ....now remote did not work....read your instructions and thought this cannot work but i'll try it.....and hey presto its worked.......thank you very much ....you have probably just saved me from being ripped off by Sky.

Occasional Visitor
Alioops

Thanks to Malcolm

My husband thought the idea was a joke-until it worked!!

M.uch appreciated

Occasional Visitor
NEW+MAN

MALCOLM IS THE MAIN MAIN!

I HAVE NEVER WORTE ANY THING IN A FORUM, BUT FELT THE NEED TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT

GOD SHOULD BLESS MALCOLM.

I WOULD NEVER BELIVE IN A MILLION YEARS THAT TAKING ONE BATTERY OUT AND HOLDING SELECT FOR 60 SECONDS WOULD WORK.

BUT WORKED LIKE A DREAM. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO BUY A REMOTE FROM TESCO FOR £20.

MALCOLM, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. YOU WILL BE REWARDED SOME HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS A MILLION

Occasional Visitor
radstock

A few weeks ago this happened to me. Bought a new one just read this and cured the fault. Thats life

Occasional Visitor
cheryl+ware

cant believed this work im so happy, my remote stop working the other day, followed every ones answers but the one where you take 1 battery out and press the select button down for 60 seconds worked. im so amazed......

Phill390

Nice one Malcom.  My remote was completely dead, no lights on it at all, and your trick worked.  Cant believe it.

Cheers