Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Re: SKY TALK DIAL TONE

Hi ann+beck, sorry to hear you are having problems. Is your line rental with us? If so could you try the steps here and let us know how you get on?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
helljohn

Hi my phone was working fine last night but this morning I have no dial tone. My broadband is working a little slower than normal. I have tried all the trouble shooting steps but still no dial tone. I have tried ringing the land line from my mobile it is ringing but not on the landline.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi helljohn, sorry to hear you are having problems.

Could you check you have tried all the steps here. If you can confirm you have tried an alternative phone and have tried the phone in the test socket on it's own, or in the master socket with everything else disconnected from the line if you don't, then we will try to help further.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
T27erydeb

[ Edited ]

Hi Sky Talk just come back from 10 days hol,  unplugged everything b4 went away,  allok except telephone no dial tone not able to cal or receive calls, also tv keep says we are not connect to a tel line,  our line rental is with you  can u help?  std is (Removed) tx Debs

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi T27erydeb

Great to hear from you on the Sky Forum 

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your telephone line , can you try this troubleshooting  to see if it helps.

Thanks  

Jane
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
P-dingi

My phone line is total not working dial tone etc the whole lot please can you help me or else I am going to BT broadband and phone line cause this is not on. Waited for more than three days for activation and already I have to pay for a bill I have not used a single kb of data or 1p on a phone call. Sky can you do something about my broadband and phone line before I chuck the whole lot in the bin where I am sure it will be at peace with its new cousins.

Depressed

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

[ Edited ]

Hi P-dingi,

Welcome to the Sky Help Forum.

Have you went through any troubleshooting steps from the Help Centre?

Thanks.

Regular Visitor
P-dingi

I paid £10 for the line to be re-activited only for the line to not work at all. i have gone through the steps and i feel its a physical issue with the phone line itself. I am not at all inpressed about this wjole situation to be perfectly honest.

Depresssed

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi P-dingi,

Have you plugged the phoneline directly in to the test socket?

Thanks.
Regular Visitor
P-dingi

yes I have. i order sky talk with the broadband and i have gone through the steps of tring to find out why i cant have broadban and a dail tone as well to the point where it simply states that i need to get in contact with customer services. but not being funny how can i get in contact with cust services when i cant even call out.

depressed

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi P-dingi,

I’ll have one of our team look into this further and will send a Private Message shortly requesting more details.

Regards.
Regular Visitor
P-dingi

How long will this process take if its going to be long just don't bother i will just simply return and cancel this order?

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi P-dingi,

My colleagues will deal with it as quickly as possible.

Regards.
Regular Visitor
P-dingi

we will see. 

Visitor
margaret+carty

[ Edited ]

my  acc.n [Removed]i reported fault last week ,wich engernies came and done .my bt phone was making  like a siren noise ,but was told it was because it had been off it was incomingcalls didnot understand .plug in phones ok ,incomiingcalls on bt phone was crackerly today they have all gone off.

STEPHENARMSTRONG wrote:

I NSTANTLY HAVE A MESSAGE WAITING DIAL TONE WHEN I PICK UP MY PHONE, BUT WHEN I DIAL 1571 IT SAYS NO NEW MESSAGES, HOW DO I RESET MY DIAL TONE TO A STANDARD TONE