Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
tacky1

Re: SKY + HAD - No Satellite Signal being received

Hello, yes im now having the same problem again!!!! No signal. i'm totally fed up with it and yes I know all the options to fix it..My recordings all failed due to the no signal however when I check then signal it has a perfectly fine signal it only seems to be the sky+hd boxes why???? my upstairs boxes are fine think i gonna leave sky not paying £50 for a "no signal service" which happens about 5 times a day now.my daughters programmes all lost how do u tell a 2 year old baby jake didnt record!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi tacky1,

As this is your first post, welcome to the forum :smileyhappy:

Can you follow the steps on this page for no satellite signal? If this doesn't work, can you let us know if it is all channels that are affected with this issue or just some of them?

Thanks,

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Sarah+langley

Re: SKY + HD - No Satellite Signal being received

every time i try to record a program my sky stops working and comes up with the message NO SATELLITE SIGNAL, then i have to turn my shy on and off to get my programs back??? this is really annoying and i'v lost alot of my recorded programs!!!! how do i fix it???? please help

Super User
kato

Sarah+langley wrote:

every time i try to record a program my sky stops working and comes up with the message NO SATELLITE SIGNAL, then i have to turn my shy on and off to get my programs back??? this is really annoying and i'v lost alot of my recorded programs!!!! how do i fix it???? please help

Have you tried the trouble shooting guide yet ?

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-hd/picture-problems/no-satellite-signal/

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Occasional Visitor
BillyBones

I have the same issu( ie no satellite signal being received). I have tried the guide posted above but the screenshots and instructions have not been updated to include the new EPG guide. I cannot access the LNB reset by pressing "0" "1" and then "select" from the settings menu. Any help appreciated

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

BillyBones wrote:

I have the same issu( ie no satellite signal being received). I have tried the guide posted above but the screenshots and instructions have not been updated to include the new EPG guide. I cannot access the LNB reset by pressing "0" "1" and then "select" from the settings menu. Any help appreciated

The button presses for the hidden menu are the same for all Sky+HD boxes.  Services 0 0 1 & then press 'Select'.  There is no onscreen response at the second '0' & '1' , press the full sequence regardless.

fatboy1927

This has been going on since15june ,vive had a fix it man out he changed scart lead and changed settings work for a day then all went back I give up now I have to pay £70 for this and still no tv

fatboy1927

That's the answer we all need to do

Frequent Visitor
philip23333

SKY + HD 1TB - No Satellite Signal being received - Frequent issues

I had another forum post about my own 'no signal' issues (which ended up getting ignored as they hoped I'd go away I suppose).

Today my problem has got worse - All channels fine, then I swtich to something like Olympics HD 1 and the signal goes. In settings, 1 signal shows 'blank' the other shows fine. If I change channel to BBC1, the signal is fine and settings shows both signals being strong.....change to most HD channels (all except BBC) and the signal goes again etc....

Yes, I have gone through the standard 'no signal' help page -- 5 resets (3 of them for longer than 15mins off), 2 planner rebuilds, 2 LNB resets, and a cable switch over to swap line feeds have been done today. Sometimes after reset the signal is still gone, sometimes its back and 15mins or so later it goes again when a recording starts or I change channel.

ALL my signal issues started the very day after the New EPG was installed the other month. Since then, since that very day, I've had to reset pretty much daily, and now things are getting as bad as above. I believe this is very much a software issue with the New EPG and is basically just getting ignored.

Anyone out there got any ideas of anything else to try?

Philip

Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Re: SKY + HD 1TB - No Satellite Signal being received - Frequent issues

Hi philip23333,

Thanks for posting on the Forum.

I’ll have one of our team look into this further and will arrange for a Private Message to be sent before midday tomorrow for more details.

Many Thanks,

Senior Member (Gold)
John8372

It does sound like a new software problem. Some people have posted that switching off Anytime+ or parental controls have helped them. It might be worth changing some setting to see if anything helps.

Might be worth posting you box version (press Services, 0, 3) in this topic, in case anyone else has the same version.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD/WHICH-HD-BOXES-ARE-NOT-AFFECTED-BY-BUGS-IN-NEW-2012-EPG/td-p/5171...

Frequent Visitor
philip23333

I have received the PM and replied with more details - thanks.

Thanks also John - will try a couple of settings changes and check that formum post...

fatboy1927

scrap sky as i am thinking of doing but not befor i seek legal advise on this 

fatboy1927

hi tacky its not good is it we should all get together and walk away from sky they rare bad at the moment ,they want me to pay £65  for a call out that fixed the problem for 1 day.I think they have a contract agrement with all of us to provide us with a system that we can use IF NOT WY DO WE HAVE TO PAY.Iwill check this legal point out an post if i think it will help.kope it gets fixed and you and your little girl can have fun.fatboy1927

fatboy1927

sindy dont do that do this first, if your system has been down for a few days then sky have faiked there contract with you to give you a service that works seek legal advise