Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
RJH18
Accepted Solution

SKY, BBC and HD channels missing?????

Channels were all ok first thing this morning, had BBC news on, Now all Sky, BBC and HD Channels (apart from channel 4 HD) are missing. If you put the channel number in manually eg 101 it comes up with channel unavailable,. Anyone have any ideas, Its a new Sky+HD box, only installed on March 6th 2012

Thanks

Rachel

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
rhodes84

Re: SKY, BBC and HD channels missing?????

Mines the exact same! I would like the answer to this too! Bbc went off at about 8am and its still not bk yet
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

Have you tried re-booting your Sky box? Switch off at the mains and wait 5 minutes before switching on again.
Regular Visitor
Mattress

We have the same problem, im assuming it's some fault with the didgital switchover.

Super User
caesarome

Mattress wrote:

We have the same problem, im assuming it's some fault with the didgital switchover.

It is nothing to do with the digital switchover as that doesn't affect Sky. have you done what I posted above as this has helped other people with the same issue.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
jane+ab

All of the 'packages' have disappeared as well - sports/movies etc

Super User
caesarome

jane+ab wrote:

All of the 'packages' have disappeared as well - sports/movies etc

Have you unplugged your box from the mains, leave it off for 5 minutes before plugging it back in. Wait 4 minutes and then see if the channels have reappeared.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
jane+ab

Yes I did that, and now my sky box will not turn on either

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

We are looking to investigate, we require you to answer the questions below. If you can do this it would be greatly appreciated:smileyhappy:

1. What region are you in?

2. What channels in the EPG are missing?

3. Does a box reset resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Occasional Visitor
RJH18

All sorted here. Switched power off to sky box and waited a good 10 mins, put it back on and rebooted router and everything back as it should be now.

We are in Derby, East Midlands

Channels missing were anything to do with BBC, Sky, and all HD channels apart from Channel 4HD.

Hope everyone gets sorted soon, Many thanks for all help and advice.

Rachel

Occasional Visitor
Colin+W

Same problem here. Missing all bbc, all sky and all hd channels bar channel 4 hd. Have unplugged from mains, and now sky box won't switch on

East Midlands
Occasional Visitor
Colin+W

Oh. Waited a few mins then tried powering on again. Fixed, all channels restored.
Occasional Visitor
Jasen+G

Mine missing too. Rebooted and now works. BE WARNED THOUGH - All of my series links have been removed. Need to reset them.
Occasional Visitor
Ian...

[ Edited ]
Our channels keep going missing, despite resetting the box numerous times. Gregor, can you post instructions on how to contact you? Anyone found a solution?
Super User
caesarome

Try a planner rebuild

I do not work for Sky.