Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
ShaVerZ
Accepted Solution

SKY BB Primary/Secondary DNS Server Addresses

Could someone please let me know the Primary and Secondary DNS Server Addresses for SKY BB?

I've tried using the following DNS Addresses but they fail to respond (No Response from DNS);

Primary DNS: 87.86.189.16
Secondary DNS: 87.86.189.17
Tertiary DNS: 195.40.1.36 (Not Used)

If I use the Google DNS Addresses '8.8.8.8' and '8.8.4.4' then all is okay and my network device(s) work as they should but I would prefer to use SKY DNS's.

Many thanks in advance,

ShaVerZ :smileyhappy:

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Diamond)
Oliver341

Re: SKY BB Primary/Secondary DNS Server Addresses

Oliver.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Visitor
ShaVerZ

Many thanks...

Any ideas why the DNS Addresses I quoted won't work, these addresses are officially listed as SKY BROADBAND DNS ADDRESSES?

Senior Member (Diamond)
Oliver341

ShaVerZ wrote:

Many thanks...

Any ideas why the DNS Addresses I quoted won't work, these addresses are officially listed as SKY BROADBAND DNS ADDRESSES?

I'm not sure. Where are they listed?

Oliver.
Frequent Visitor
ShaVerZ

I have seen the addresses I quoted listed on many websites, SkyUser, ADSLguide (ThinkBroadband) and WhatsMyDNS (below)... :s

http://www.whatsmydns.net/dns/uk/sky-broadband.html

Senior Member (Diamond)
Oliver341

ShaVerZ wrote:

I have seen the addresses I quoted listed on many websites, SkyUser, ADSLguide (ThinkBroadband) and WhatsMyDNS (below)... :s

http://www.whatsmydns.net/dns/uk/sky-broadband.html

If it's not on sky.com it's not official. :smileyhappy:

Most likely the websites are using out of date information.

Oliver.
Frequent Visitor
ShaVerZ

The reason I used other sites was down to the fact I couldn't find the information on the Sky Website, obviously didn't search enough. ADSLguide (ThinkBroadband) is usually a good source but as you said "Most likely the websites are using out of date information."

Thanks again, all sorted now... :smileyhappy:

Occasional Visitor
jessabig

Just tried this seems to have worked for me!