Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
trishy

SKY 3D Masters Advertising - Misleading re coverage

We watched the advertising for SKY 3D US Masters and on the basis that my husband ( an avid golf fan) would be able to watch it, went out and bought a Panasonic 3D TV last week.  The advertising is now saying 3D coverage starts at 10pm or 10.30pm every night instead of 7pm so we have to watch it on HD for 3hrs then get the selected few holes in 3D.  To be honest we feel properly misled and i have complained to Sky.  We pay £100 a month for their full package, inc broadband and phone, i feel this is very shoddy and the latest in a dissappointing schedule for 3D viewers.  Anything decent we are expected to pay for and the Masters is limited.  Sky advertise 3D as a free channel for SkyWorld views but clearly it isnt if you want to watch a decent movie.  I would advise you not to buy it yet, unless you enjoy tours of stately homes, piano recitals, or Keane in concert.  Not impressed with you over this SKY, i expect better as a full paying customer ! 

The good note - The Panasonic TV is great quality without the 3D functionality.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Re: SKY 3D Masters Advertising - Misleading re coverage

Hi trishy,

Regrettably, we have only been given two hours of 3D coverage each day from the broadcaster in the USA.  I have detailed the broadcast times below.  

Wed 6th April      Par 3 Tournament         2000-2200

Thur 7th             Day1                            2230-2430

Fri 8th                Day2                            2230-2430

Sat 9th               Day3                            2200-2400

Sun 10th             Day4                            2200-2400

The above slots are still broadcast live from the event so are advertised as such. You can still watch the full event on Sky Sports HD1 when not being shown in 3D.  

Jane
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
Normski-s

"we have only been given two hours of 3D coverage each day from the broadcaster in the USA" roughly translates to "we have only paid for 2 hours of 3D coverage from the braodcaster in the USA" I assume?

Contributor
Gary+Best

Actually, for once I don't think you can blame Sky for that. The people behind the US Masters are notoriously picky when it comes to what's being broadcast. It's only the past few years that they've started to allow full coverage of the 4 rounds.

A few years back, us golf fans were stuck with a couple of hours from each day.

I don't think you can blame Sky for this one...

Visitor
trishy

It still doesnt alter the fact the advertising led you to believe otherwise - i just hope they improve their Sky 3D programming soon to make it worth the money we spent on the new TV :-)

Occasional Visitor
Scottrob

I'm not impressed with the advertising for this either. I too bought a 3d tv on the basis of being able to watch all the coverage from 7pm and I'm not best pleased to only be able to watch the 2 hours that is on too late for me anyway. I feel really mislead. Not happy !!
Visitor
Blobert07

And we have to listen to the USA commentators !! Very frustrating coverage could be so much better again we play second fiddle to the americans !!!
Occasional Visitor
aloecken

erm...i think you should check the dates ! sat 7th april etc.....

Super User
caesarome

aloecken wrote:

erm...i think you should check the dates ! sat 7th april etc.....

So should you as this is a topic from last year :smileyvery-happy:

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Contributor
cinch

Hi there, i totally agree with what is being said on here. I feel i was misled by Sky in the same way aas everyone is saying. I have had my 3D for 18 months now and have the complete Sky bundle ( last count £91 per month).

Myself i saw the adverts for full coverage of the masters in 3D so sorted a "lads" day on good friday and went out and brought 6 pairs of active glasses at £40 a pair.

Now i find only 2 hours per day...........shocking and feel cheated.

I am seriously thinking of leaving Sky after this!!!!!! 

Occasional Visitor
rich27

i also feel abit miffed but luckily i have read this before forking out for the full package... i have a 3d tv and only sports package but i was going to upgrade to receive coverage of the masters in 3D but an extra £30 a month to watch 2 hours here and there is a joke. so i wont and im seriously considering moving to Virgin where HD channels are free/3d on demand.

Occasional Visitor
Rob+Tonks

Just trying to watch it in 3d now 12:09 and it doesnt seem to be working properly.

I've watched the footy before and its pretty good - is the coverage proper 3d from 930 to 1230?

Occasional Visitor
Disgruntled+3D

I agree wholeheartedly with all of you .... I bought a Panasonic 3D on the strength of the advertising for the Masters.

How annoyed was I when I saw, mot only did it not start till 10pm, but it only covered the last 4 holes, and you lost the Sky commentary for the ESPN Americans!

What coverage there is is good but am so annoyed that I am now watching the BBC coverage and am phoning Sky tomorrow to cancel.

In an ideal world they would be monitoring this and phone me to apologise .... fat chance.