Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
PeterRH

SILVERLIGHT 5 / Sky Go failure - Sky what is the answer please?!

As previously reported, installing Silverlight 5 means that Sky Go does not work on a variety of pc and Mac browsers.

The option of reinstalling Silverlight 4 does not work as Sky Go now demands the upgrade.

Kirsty reported that the issue had been raised with the "...relevant department..." - can we have an update please?

I have two daughters aged 7 and 9 who expect to be able to watch Nickleodeon in their den this weekend - they will raise merry hell when they can't !!

Failure to respond will result in me sending my daughters round :-)

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
Phil8800

Re: SILVERLIGHT 5 / Sky Go failure - Sky what is the answer please?!

To be honest, SKY don't care! They want your money!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
mykal

hi, i have been unable to watch 'sky player' all week, reason being i was asked to install the latest silverlight 5 before i could continue.

when i clicked 'install' it went to a webpage to download but nothing happened it just froze on that page.

got onto 'sky live chat' but they could not help me at this time.

before i continue i will give you my OS info...64bit windows 7 ultimate.

this evening i tried again, nothing at first...i then clicked on 'manage my devices' to find my computer was not registered.

this was puzzling as i was on sky player just last weekend and it was fine.

i did some searching and found this http://www.silverlight.net/downloads

i downloaded and ran this Developer Runtime for Windows (64 bit)

and all was fine for me...i hope this post is helpful for others.

regards Mike.

ps, i don't use the 'skygo desktop' , i use 'sky player' through IE browser.

Occasional Visitor
Woking

I had this problem and it turns out that it relates to SilverLight 5 and..... wait for it...... fonts with an ampersand "&" in the name (e.g. AT&T font).

I used Typrograf to look for fonts with an ampersand, found 2 and deleted them. Then uninstalled SilerLight via the Contral panel and reinstalled when prompted by Sky Go.

Worked a charm!!! Sounds wired but believe me... it works.

Frequent Visitor
st3ph3nb

Yeah I read about that too but unfortunalty for me that did not work

Frequent Visitor
st3ph3nb

[ Edited ]

Ah had missed a few just tried with a font manager and found a few worked well done

Occasional Visitor
Jackal1970

Hi

I'm having the same issues with SkyGo and Silverlight 5 as described above. Have checked the installed fonts and there are none with an ampersand, so I'm back to square one. Is there anything else that could be causing the problem?

Cheers

Occasional Visitor
PhilSkyUser

Might be useful if people noted the error message they get

I get t6030-c1503 after it says Obtaining Licence, which is then fails to do. Anyone else getting the same error codes ? Sky tell my that it means that Silverlight is not able to access them and could be a firewall problem.

I have done several Uninstalled and Reinstalls & also eliminated any Fonts with & but no success.

I have checked my Silverlight installation by accessinga  few site which use Silverlight for streaming video and it works on these sites. So....

Visitor
eddie1695

What are and where do i find installed fonts and ampersand????? I give up with sky if it isnt the boxes going AWOL its being unable to use SKYGO.Just want your money and couldnt care less about the quality of service.

Visitor
eddie1695

I hope your daughters take baseball bats:smileyhappy:haha

Super User
caesarome

eddie1695 wrote:

I give up with sky if it isnt the boxes going AWOL its being unable to use SKYGO.Just want your money and couldnt care less about the quality of service.

If you post what the error is or what error code(s) you are seeing someone might be able to provide a answer to get it working for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
realhatter

Have been trying to get Sky Go on my laptop for about a year with no joy. Have just installed the Silverlight Developer download and has worked a treat.......now watching the football!!!! Happy days :-)