Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Contributor
Robbie-SkyHD

Re: Rugby League World Club Challenge 2014

NZ Warriors Vs Wigan is on premier sports as a warm up game but the world club challenge Sydney Roosters Vs Wigan Warriors as I understand is on sky sports no official word from sky anywhere though!

Sky+HD DRX895 2TB, Sky+HD DRX895 1TB, On Demand, 3D, EE+

iPad Mini, iPhone 5, Apple TV, iOS Beta Tester

Tech Enthusiast
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Contributor
phil-liverpool

i thought i just said that...about premier sports...robbie...but thanks for confirming it....

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Gemma-H

Hey guys, 

For information on all Rugby League games showing on Sky Sports, please view this link

Hope this helps!

Many Thanks, 

Gemma
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
phil-liverpool

I take it from that link then that sky aren't covering magic weekend....

I'll have to get my tickets pronto...

Contributor
thelionisawake

Sky Sports will, almost certainly, be covering Magic weekend at the Etihad on May 17-18- they hold the contract for the event. The fixures have, for some reason best known to the RFL, not been announced yet.

Contributor
phil-liverpool

yes...just noticed that...what are the rfl playing at...or waiting for...

im sure the magic weekend fixtures were announced with the other fixtures in previous seasons....

probably the same as in previous years......wigan saints...bradford leeds...humberside derby...etc etc...

Contributor
thelionisawake

Apparently an announcement was due last month but this was delayed for unknown reasons. I did some trawling on various websites and it is clear the fixtures are still unknown.

Contributor
phil-liverpool

just had quick look at fixtures....notice our last two are saints and wigan...both away...thanks for that...rfl...

no... cant find anything about magic fixtures...its very strange....

Contributor
thelionisawake

I have a feeling this could be due to the uncertainty over the future of London Broncos, who were facing administration until they found a new ground, sharing with Barnet FC at the Hive in Edgware. Had London gone down, there would only have been thirteen teams so one would have missed out.

The first day runs opposite the FA Cup final so it will be interesting to see how attendances hold up, especially if Wigan Athletic get to Wembley again.

Supper League has a new sponsor and new finance after the energy supplier, First Utilities, signed a three year deal from the start of this season.

Contributor
phil-liverpool

especially if wigan athletic get to the fimal...thanks for that...biggest laugh ive had in years...

im disappointed theyve decided to put it up against the fa cup final...

we want to try to get non rl fans there...got no chance now...

i wonder who decides when magic weekend is...sky or rfl...

Contributor
thelionisawake

Magic weekend was a major success last year and the declining stature of the FA Cup has clearly imprinted on and the organisers, who clearly believe attendances will hold up well. When the fixture list is finally published, I suspect, as do most RL followers, the majority of games will be local derbies.

It was encouraging for the future of the sport in this country that the World Cup was so well supported and professionally organised by Sally Boston, Nigel Wood and their team. Eclipsing the gulf in class between Northern and Southern Hemisphere will be a greater challenge.

Contributor
phil-liverpool

The last two fa cup finals have been watched by 11 and 9 million...

Hardly declining stature...

I think most fans enjoy both sports and its going to spoil it for me at least..

I'd like to know if its sky or the rfl that have chosen this date

Contributor
thelionisawake

I suspect both Sky and the RFL meet at the end of the previous season and work out a mutually convienient date, upon which the Magic Weekend is inked into the calendar. Maybe somebody can enlighten us further.

As for the FA Cup, I take your point about TV audiences for the final and Wembley is always sold out. However, you only have to look at the attendances earlier in the competition to realise that priorities lay elsewhere. Old Trafford was nearly a third empty for the Swansea defeat. FA Cup and League Cup ties do not count towards the cost of the annual season ticket and fans do not have the money for additional games outside PL or FL games.

By the way, there will never be a worse penalty shoot out than last night. Both United and Sunderland had clearly not practised in training, hence the very low tehnical standard. I think we know what is coming in Brazil- if England get out of the group stage!

Contributor
phil-liverpool

yes...but how many of the ten were english....

just had a quick look...73 at that united swansea game...and we had nearly 35 against a championship team in qpr....and im sure liverpool was over 40 against oldham...

but we digress...

i just hope we are playing on the sunday that weekend...and i manage to get back from wembley in time to watch it....

Contributor
thelionisawake

Ah, but is there not a little local dispute next week with both teams putting fourth place as priority?

That said. Bournemouth and Stevenage will be packed over the weekend.

You have certainly struck lucky with your manager- Martinez and Rodgers are two of the very best and play the game in the right way. They are impressive figures too, even if Rodgers' views on Lee Mason were not best expressed.

Goalless draw?