Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Contributor
Robbie-SkyHD

Rugby League World Club Challenge 2014

Hi,

Seen as the World Club Challenge this year is in Australia with the two successful teams from Australia and England facing each other for the right to be called World Champions, i hear it is going to be on Sky Sports, however how come there is no official word from Sky about this? i've looked on Sky Sports - Rugby League and there is nothing at all shouldn't sky sports team update their page to inform Rugby League viewers to what is going on!!

Sky+HD DRX895-W 2TB Sky+HD DRX895-W 2TB, Family HD, Sport & Movies

iPad Mini, iPhone 5, Apple TV, iOS Beta Tester

Tech Enthusiast
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
thelionisawake

Re: Rugby League World Club Challenge 2014

My research suggests that the game will be covered by Sky Sports with an 8.30am kick-off GMT on February 22.

Hopefully someone can back this up.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Contributor
Robbie-SkyHD

yeah i do believe your right from things i've seen but there has been no official word from Sky themselves, there's been no report of breaking news on Sky Sports News or Sky Sports.com makes me laugh when Sky Sports claim to be the home of Rugby League yet they always leave fans hanging in mid air when it comes to scheduling games!!

Tech Enthusiast
phil-liverpool

why should it be breaking news...sky always cover this match so why should it be any different now...

surely it would only be breaking news if they werent covering it...

ive not heard any breaking news that theyre covering the 2014 superleague season....but i assume they are...

its six weeks away...theres plenty of time for publicity of it nearer the time.....

Frequent Contributor
Robbie-SkyHD

the reason why sky need to let people know is because the tv contract rights for this one game is year by year contract whereas the super league is for lets say every 4 years thats why premier sports bidded for the world club challenge but i believe they didn't get it and instead got the auckland 9's thats why i wanted to know why sky isn't giving clearer indication as to where it is been shown, clear enough reason?

Tech Enthusiast
Contributor
thelionisawake

Just to clarify a couple of points here.

A full list of Super League games to be screened by Sky Sports in the coming season can be found on the Sky Sports website.

In addition, Sky has a five year contract to show Super League woth £90million to 2016.

Frequent Contributor
Robbie-SkyHD

Yes I know there is that info of games on their site but that's the whole point of my post! No info about the World Club Challenge seems to me someone is not updating the site with this info or somebody else has the rights for this particular match.

Tech Enthusiast
Contributor
thelionisawake

There are six weeks to go so I suspect it will receive greater publicity before the Super League season starts early next month. it would have helped if Sky had clearly advertised the live screening on their list of fixtures. This is a game which is a focal point of the season and would have a signifcant following.

One other thing- the Challenge Cup remains live on BBC until August 2016.

Regular Visitor
TomUKHan

The game is listed on the Sky Sports website but under "All" or "Rugby Union" (not League) and Sunday 2nd Feb (not 22nd).

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/rugby-union-on-sky
Sunday 2nd February
Sydney Roosters v Wigan Warriors World Club Challenge, Sky Sports 2 HD (08:00)

I guess we should see the game Sat 22nd 8.30am UK time.

Frequent Contributor
Robbie-SkyHD

Well I say nomore!! What people work at sky that don't know the difference :/ if ya not sure why don't they ask someone before sticking fixtures just anywhere really frustrates me when sky claim to 'always think rugby league' when they can't even full fill putting the correct fixtures in the correct sport section of the site, it's just baffling!!

Tech Enthusiast
phil-liverpool

that to me...is a total disgrace...and am totally disgusted at sky...

in fact i cant remember the last time i was so angry about anything....

they couldnt be more insulting if they tried...

Frequent Contributor
Robbie-SkyHD

So is someone from sky sports going to change this to the correct dedicated sports page and be ashamed of themselves for doing such a stupid thing in getting the two sports mixed up?

We are a Rugby League not Rugby Union!!!

Tech Enthusiast
Contributor
thelionisawake

Just checked the Sky Sports website and this does now seem to have been corrected. This was a serious error, however and more diligence is required in future.

Regular Visitor
TomUKHan

Is it possible that the NZ Warriors v Wigan game (Feb 12th) will be live on SKY?

phil-liverpool

Understand premier sports are showing it....