Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
andyc1126
Accepted Solution

Router Firmware

Does the Sky netgear router automatically download and install Firmware updates, or does this have to be done manually?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Router Firmware

It is done automatically by Sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
andyc1126

Ok, Thank you

Occasional Visitor
Martin-Loat

Hi there

Just out of interest I ran some stats on my set up, which centres on the Sky Netgear router and it showed the router reporting an average down speed of 4Mbps whereas dedicated speed tests (think Broadband) gave 2.8Mbps (on a line which tests to a max possible 5.7Mbps).

Will the router firmware affect this?

Why I ask is that I noticed that Netgear have version 2.03.21 for download on their site as opposed to v.2.02.44 on my router.

Is this something we should want? (I am assuming that Sky modify the firmware to optimise it for their setup so using the raw Netgear version is not without risk).

Frequent Visitor
MovieBuff

Re: Router Firmware Upgrade

Hi, I am using a Sky Router with the Specification (below) but the firmware version is now out-of-date according to others on this forum which have a newer version.

I do not know how to get it to upgrade to the lastest firmware version. It apparently should do this 'automatically' but it is NOT doing so!

Manufacturer : Sagemcom

Model Number : F@ST2304

Firmware Version : 5.14.6.1a4N

ADSL Firmware Version : A2pD030n.d23b

Any help appreciated as I have trawled the net for help with no luck so far, even Sagem website has nothing!

Many Thanks,

Mark

Surprise

Re: Router Firmware Upgrade

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what  the latest firmware for Netgear is and when it was implemented?

Thanks!