Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
kurrawa
Accepted Solution

Rf2 outlet on Sky+HD

Tried connecting TVlink on RF2 outlet on my new HD Box , could not get it to work [no red light] works fine on my old Sky+ box, presume you can use it on the HD Box, any help would be appreciated

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: Rf2 outlet on Sky+HD

Have you enabled it?If not carry out procedure below.

Press the services button on your remote to access the Services menu.

Press the right arrow button to highlight the Settings menu and press the select button. You will now be highlighted on Picture on the menu bar.

Press 0, 1 then select to access the hidden Installer Setup options. You will now be highlighted on Setup.

Using the right arrow button, highlight RF Outlets and press select. RF Channel Number displays.

Using the numbers on the remote control keypad change the RF channel, any number between 21 and 69.Normally 68

Remember to press green to save changes.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
kurrawa

Thanks Kato, it worked a treat

Occasional Visitor
McCann61

My Magic Eye worked perfectly with a remote TV and my old Sky+ Box.  However I have not been able to get it to work with HD+ Box. I have enabled the RF outlets on my HD Box, connected the magic eye but there is no red light and it won't respond to remote control.

Can anyone help?

Super User
Mark39

First try re-booting your sky box, then check to see the RF outlet power is turned on (don't forget to save settings).

If there's still no red light on your magic eye, try connecting it directly into the RF2 output socket of your sky box. If the red led lights, your problem is with the cabling/connectors from the RF2 socket to your remote TV.

Occasional Visitor
andrewbrownburns

just setup a new magic eye and have been strugling for over 2 hours to work out why the magic eye was working in the upstair bedroom, but the red light would not come on.  After using the very helpfull information that you gave, I managed to get into the sky engineers additional menu and activated the RF.2 Outlet on the back of the Sky HD Box.

I really appreciate you experteze and many thank for this.

Andrew Burns.

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi McCann61, 

First of all I would like to welcome you to the community :smileyhappy:

I was just wondering if Mark39's advice managed to resolve your problem?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi andrewbrownburns, 

It's great to see another new member on the help forum :smileyhappy:

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to post on the forum to let us know that the advice that the community has managed to resolve your issue. 

Please feel free to return and ask any questions that you may have, and if you can, assist others with their problems. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
stoxy

Hi all, I also have s imilar problem, i have a rf cable direct from the hd box to the tv in the kitchen, the magic eye is fitted to the lead and tv, with the red light on. However the remote works on the tv in the front room both does not work on the one in the kitchen? can anyone help?

Light on, all conected but remote not working?

Super User
Mark39

Has the remote ever worked with the magic eye, or is this a new HD box that it doesn't work with? I assume you have a good picture/sound on the kitchen TV.

Occasional Visitor
blur

Thanks so much your instructions where so clear and easy to follow ,i set it up in a matter or mins

Occasional Visitor
suzhou60

Brilliant thanks
Occasional Visitor
JOHNNYTA

Thanks very very much worked great.

Had to move to RF2

Cheers

:smileyhappy:

non+welsh+wonder

Hi, I'm having difficulties!

We had a Sky+ box and then upgraded to a HD box. The magic eye worked a treat on the old box, red light, full remote control etc but on the new box it wasn't working. So I did a search and found out about enabling the RF2 in the 0,0,1 menu. That's all saved and I then powered down the box via the standby button, disconnected the figure of 8 power lead from the back and then put it back in so it went through its 'setting up' screen etc to reboot?. I then went upstairs to see if the red light on the magic eye not on but it wasn't. I went back downstairs and rechecked the menu and RF2 in saved to 'on' so its enabled correctly. I've since cut off the connector on the cable that plugs into the sky box as it was loose and made a new tighter fitting connector but this hasn't helped either? I haven't played with the connector in the bedroom as this hasn't been tampered with so should be fine?
Anyone know why the red light isn't working? I have a tv LINK PRO magic eye if this helps?
Pulling my hair out here and there isn't much if it to pull !!
Super User
Mark39

First thing I'd check is that your Sky box is still providing the 9v DC on its RF2 output. Just plug your magic eye directly into the RF2 socket to test. If the LED glows red, your Sky box is providing current, and your problem is a break somewhere in the cable to your second TV or a poorly fitted plug. In relation to the plug, the centre pin must be screwed or soldered to the stiff centre wire of the coax - a push fit may or may not work initially, but even if it does it will eventually oxidise and fail.