Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Dougie-H

Rev8.R remote - LED stays solid when trying to programme it.

Hi, I have a Panasonic TX-28PL10 and have just got a rev8R  remote to replace my old Rev8.

I've tried the code 1678 - which works with the Rev8 remote.

The Rev8r with code 1678 will change stations, access EPG etc, but will not mute/control volume.

When programming Rev8r:-

After I press TV - Select Red for 2 seconds -  the LED stays solid red rather than blinking twice.  Should I be following another set of instructions?

I think that the main issue is that I can't get to the 2 blink stage.  I've tried the trick of taking a battery out & pressing & holding select for 60 seconds.  But this hasn't done anything.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Dougie. 

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
kato

Re: Rev8.R remote - LED stays solid when trying to programme it.

Dougie-H wrote:

Hi, I have a Panasonic TX-28PL10 and have just got a rev8R  remote to replace my old Rev8.

I've tried the code 1678 - which works with the Rev8 remote.

The Rev8r with code 1678 will change stations, access EPG etc, but will not mute/control volume.

When programming Rev8r:-

After I press TV - Select Red for 2 seconds -  the LED stays solid red rather than blinking twice.  Should I be following another set of instructions?

I think that the main issue is that I can't get to the 2 blink stage.  I've tried the trick of taking a battery out & pressing & holding select for 60 seconds.  But this hasn't done anything.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Dougie. 

See if this helps and is that the correct code.

To program using the 4 digit code
1) Switch on the TV set
2) Press the TV button on the Sky Remote
3) Hold down the select and red buttons for 2-3 seconds until the LED blinks twice
4) Press the TV button on the Sky Remote again
5) Enter the 4 digit code for your make of TV
6) The LED should blink twice, if not recheck the 4 digit code used and go back to 1
7) Press the standby button on the Sky Remote (The TV should go to standby)
8) Press select to store this setting
If the TV does not go into standby press the TV button then the standby button, then TV then standby, keep repeating this until successful. This will scan the codes used for a particular make of TV.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Visitor
Dougie-H

Hi Kato,

The problem is with 3) Hold down the select and red buttons for 2-3 seconds until the LED blinks twice.  

The LED does not blink, but remains on solidly.  

I've tried the trick of wiping the volatile memory by taking out the batteries and holding select for 60 seconds.

I then press TV, followed by holding down the Select & Red buttons simultaneously for 3 or more seconds.  The LED at no time will blink twice, but remains on solidly.

Thanks,

Dougie

Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi Dougie-H,

I am sorry that you seem to be having an issue with trying to programme your remote control.

I have read your previous posts that you have tried all the procedures that we would advise.

It does sound as though a new remote control may be required.

Many thanks.

Shelz
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
curryvince

Hi Dougie 

Same happened to me today mate 

Cracked me up!

Have emailed the people I bought it from to see if its down to a faulty remote

Had you any luck?

Vince

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi curryvince, 

As this is your first post, I would like to welcome you to the forum :smileyhappy:

Could I ask you to press the buttons on their own and let me know if all the buttons flash? TV, Select and the Red button.

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.