Reset Router Password

Answered
Go to Answer
New Viewer
Post 1 of 11

Reset Router Password

HI, I tried to log in to my sky router and the password won't work. I Remember changing the password a while back but thought i'd changed it back. Now i can't remember what it was.

Does anyone know how to rest it?

Cheers

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Director of Photography
Post 4 of 11

Re: Reset Router Password

the reset button is quite stiff use a paper click and really do push it hard in there and hold it for 10 secs

----------------------------
If I have replied to one of your post for help and asked a question which you have answered but not got a reply from me feel free to PM to remind me to check your post.

Also if i have helped please click on kudos and if I solved the problem please make my post as a solution.

Damien
All Replies
Director of Photography
Post 2 of 11

old the reset button in until every for 5secs+ i think

If I have replied to one of your post for help and asked a question which you have answered but not got a reply from me feel free to PM to remind me to check your post.

Also if i have helped please click on kudos and if I solved the problem please make my post as a solution.

Damien
Runner
Post 3 of 11

I also have the same problem, i have reset my router but still wont allow me to log in as admin, password sky, help!

Answer
Director of Photography
Post 4 of 11

the reset button is quite stiff use a paper click and really do push it hard in there and hold it for 10 secs

Damien
Runner
Post 5 of 11

Same problem here.

And, for future reference, if someone rejects a suggested answer... don't just say the same answer again, expecting it to change. The reset doesn't appear to reset the username/password. Why is it, everything Sky does outside of TV is utter (Removed)? Seriously annoyed here.

Edited: Removed inappropriate language

Oracle
Post 6 of 11

malc89 wrote:

The reset doesn't appear to reset the username/password.

If you have reset it then it should know be:

Username - admin

Password - sky

Is this not the case with you ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 7 of 11

No, it isn't.

Bizarrely, I'm writing this message on the router, but under http://192.168.0.1/sky_information.html I'm receiving the message: "The router has failed to dectect a broadband connection."

So there's two problems:

1. Reset doesn't reset password to 'admin' and 'password'.

2. I'm not receiving a broadband connection despite a text/email confirming it's been activated

3. I'm accessing the internet in a very bizarre way.

Oracle
Post 8 of 11

On the router staus page what does it show ?

The password is "sky" and not "password" but how have you managed to get logged in ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 9 of 11

That's what I meant, sorry.

Connected, apparently.

New Viewer
Post 10 of 11

I think there is some confusion here. 

I also have a similar problem.

The sky router password is in fact as already stated

'sky'

'admin'

The problem is this: There is also a password for the access of the router so not just anyone can change it.

It states that the password for that is 'password' but its not working for me although I have reset the router three times which has had no effect.... 

Oracle
Post 11 of 11

The password to access the sky router is sky, the username is admin.

I do not work for Sky.