Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
stevie310
Accepted Solution

Reset Router Password

HI, I tried to log in to my sky router and the password won't work. I Remember changing the password a while back but thought i'd changed it back. Now i can't remember what it was.

Does anyone know how to rest it?

Cheers

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Damien-SW

Re: Reset Router Password

old the reset button in until every for 5secs+ i think

----------------------------
If I have replied to one of your post for help and asked a question which you have answered but not got a reply from me feel free to PM to remind me to check your post.

Also if i have helped please click on kudos and if I solved the problem please make my post as a solution.

Damien
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
btisbetter

I also have the same problem, i have reset my router but still wont allow me to log in as admin, password sky, help!

Super User
Damien-SW

the reset button is quite stiff use a paper click and really do push it hard in there and hold it for 10 secs

----------------------------
If I have replied to one of your post for help and asked a question which you have answered but not got a reply from me feel free to PM to remind me to check your post.

Also if i have helped please click on kudos and if I solved the problem please make my post as a solution.

Damien
Visitor
malc89

[ Edited ]

Same problem here.

And, for future reference, if someone rejects a suggested answer... don't just say the same answer again, expecting it to change. The reset doesn't appear to reset the username/password. Why is it, everything Sky does outside of TV is utter (Removed)? Seriously annoyed here.

Edited: Removed inappropriate language

Super User
caesarome

malc89 wrote:

The reset doesn't appear to reset the username/password.

If you have reset it then it should know be:

Username - admin

Password - sky

Is this not the case with you ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
malc89

No, it isn't.

Bizarrely, I'm writing this message on the router, but under http://192.168.0.1/sky_information.html I'm receiving the message: "The router has failed to dectect a broadband connection."

So there's two problems:

1. Reset doesn't reset password to 'admin' and 'password'.

2. I'm not receiving a broadband connection despite a text/email confirming it's been activated

3. I'm accessing the internet in a very bizarre way.

Super User
caesarome

On the router staus page what does it show ?

The password is "sky" and not "password" but how have you managed to get logged in ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
malc89

That's what I meant, sorry.

Connected, apparently.

Occasional Visitor
GSXR+Brian

[ Edited ]

I think there is some confusion here. 

I also have a similar problem.

The sky router password is in fact as already stated

'sky'

'admin'

The problem is this: There is also a password for the access of the router so not just anyone can change it.

It states that the password for that is 'password' but its not working for me although I have reset the router three times which has had no effect.... 

Super User
caesarome

The password to access the sky router is sky, the username is admin.

I do not work for Sky.