Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Tied
Accepted Solution

Remote does not work sky+ box after it has been put to standby. Have to turn off power & restart

Sky remote does not work the next after box has been in standby.  Have to turn main power off and restart sky+ box. Remote has new batteries and its red light indicates when selecting button.  It seems that box does not recognise remote signal when in standby. How can I solve this problem?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Re: Remote does not work sky+ box after it has been put to standby. Have to turn off power & restart

[ Edited ]

Hi @Tied

Thanks for joining us here in the Sky Community and I sorry to hear about your remote problem. 

Could I just clear something up so I completely understand the actual problem, when your box is switched over to standby, are you not able to turn it back on by pressing TV and the SKY Button? 

I look forward to hearing from you so we can get to the bottom of this.

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
Tied

Re: Remote does not work sky+ box after it has been put to standby. Have to turn off power & res

None of the normal means to turn on the box work when it has been in standby overnight.  My sky + HD box works fine if I turn it to standby and awake it within a few hours but when is has been in standby for  over 6 hours it will not turn on unless I power it off and restart.  

Community Coordinator
Peter-Ed

Re: Remote does not work sky+ box after it has been put to standby. Have to turn off power & restart

Hi Tied, 

Thanks for coming to the Forum,

Can you please tell me if you have a wireless connector on your Sky+HD box as well? Have you tried a software download to see if this helps the issue?

Cheers, 

Pete
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
Tied

Re: Remote does not work sky+ box after it has been put to standby. Have to turn off power &

Hi Peter,

I have disconnected the free sky wifi dongle and my Sky+ HD set box appears to be operating normally . I find it annoying that a sky provided wifi dongle is not compatible!!

Thanks

Tied