Remote does not work sky+ box after it has been put to standby. Have to turn off power & restart

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 1 of 5

Remote does not work sky+ box after it has been put to standby. Have to turn off power & restart

Sky remote does not work the next after box has been in standby.  Have to turn main power off and restart sky+ box. Remote has new batteries and its red light indicates when selecting button.  It seems that box does not recognise remote signal when in standby. How can I solve this problem?

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Staff
Post 4 of 5

Re: Remote does not work sky+ box after it has been put to standby. Have to turn off power & restart

Hi Tied, 

Thanks for coming to the Forum,

Can you please tell me if you have a wireless connector on your Sky+HD box as well? Have you tried a software download to see if this helps the issue?

Cheers, 

All Replies
Retired Staff Member
Post 2 of 5

Re: Remote does not work sky+ box after it has been put to standby. Have to turn off power & restart

Hi @Tied

Thanks for joining us here in the Sky Community and I sorry to hear about your remote problem. 

Could I just clear something up so I completely understand the actual problem, when your box is switched over to standby, are you not able to turn it back on by pressing TV and the SKY Button? 

I look forward to hearing from you so we can get to the bottom of this.

Runner
Post 3 of 5

Re: Remote does not work sky+ box after it has been put to standby. Have to turn off power & res

None of the normal means to turn on the box work when it has been in standby overnight.  My sky + HD box works fine if I turn it to standby and awake it within a few hours but when is has been in standby for  over 6 hours it will not turn on unless I power it off and restart.  

Answer
Staff
Post 4 of 5

Hi Tied, 

Thanks for coming to the Forum,

Can you please tell me if you have a wireless connector on your Sky+HD box as well? Have you tried a software download to see if this helps the issue?

Cheers, 

Runner
Post 5 of 5

Re: Remote does not work sky+ box after it has been put to standby. Have to turn off power &

Hi Peter,

I have disconnected the free sky wifi dongle and my Sky+ HD set box appears to be operating normally . I find it annoying that a sky provided wifi dongle is not compatible!!

Thanks

Tied