Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Rolo30

Remote code for Sony Bravia

Can anyone help with the sky remote codeforasony bravia tv please
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: Remote code for Sony Bravia

Have you tried Sky's code finder ? http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/remote-controls/operate-tv-with-sky-remote/

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi Rolo30, 

Welcome to the forum :smileyhappy:

I was just wondering if you have managed to get the code for the TV yet? If not, can you post the model of Sony TV that you have, also the version of sky remote control you have (you can find this out by looking inside the battery compartment and you will see something like SkyRev.8R).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
georgina81

Hi Anne, I was wondering could you help me I have just got a Sony Bravia EX524 and my version of sky remote is rev.9F .
I have tried all of the codes online when trying the 3 digit ones everything seems to be going fine until the last step. When trying the 4 digits the light on the remote doesn't flash to let me get any further. Thanks, G.
Super User
kato

[ Edited ]

georgina81 wrote:
Hi Anne, I was wondering could you help me I have just got a Sony Bravia EX524 and my version of sky remote is rev.9F .
I have tried all of the codes online when trying the 3 digit ones everything seems to be going fine until the last step. When trying the 4 digits the light on the remote doesn't flash to let me get any further. Thanks, G.

Can you supply more information on the model number.It probably has KDL at the beginning,then a number before the EX524.

Meanwhile try 0000 or 0533.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
georgina81

Thanks for getting back to me. I think this it is KDL-46EX524. For some reason I can't use a 4 digit code, the lights on the remote aren't flashing like they aren't supposed to but they were when I was doing the steps for the 3 digit.
Super User
kato

What box do you have ? Digi box,Sky+ or Sky+HD.

Did you try those four digit codes as they work with most Sony TV's.

To enter a four digit code.

Press tv

Press Select and red together ( remote LED flashes twice )

Press tv again

Enter the 4-digit code ( LED flashes twice if code recognised )

Press the standby or volume button

If the tv responds, press Select to store.

Then press Sky on the remote.

georgina81

Hi I have a sky+ HD box. I can't use the 4 digit codes for some reason I've followed every step exactly how it says a number of times and the LED light is not flashing at all even on the first step.
Super User
kato

Did you buy the remote from Sky or elsewhere ?

Also do a reset this will put the remote back to its default settings.

Press tv

Hold select & red button for a couple of seconds,red light should blink twice.

Now enter 999 red light blinks twice.

Then program the remote, (try 0533)

These are all the codes i can find as well.Four Digit  0000  0533  0679  1533  0981  0063  5304  0038  1038  0862  1779  0229  1853  1653  1679  3104  1092  1286  1786  0039  0381  0770  0064.

Three digit codes  533  505  981  206  111  679  987  102  039 064  038

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi georgina81, 

I am unable to see a code matching to your TV, however you may find a code here.

The 4 digit programming is different to what kato has advised. The 4 digit brand code is 0000 and should be entered as follows:

Select a channel and point sky remote away from TV.

• Press TV.
  • Press and hold down select and red together until red light at top of remote flashes twice.
  • Press TV again on remote.
  • Enter 4 digit code using number keypad. Red light will flash twice after last number is pressed. (if valid)
  • If LED displays only once, re-check code for brand of TV and start process again at step 1.
  • Press standby
  • If TV switches off, press select to store code. LED on the remote control will flash twice.
  • If TV does not switch off, press TV then press standby button.
    Repeat this (press TV then standby) until your TV turns off, then press select to store the correct code.
  • Press standby to switch TV back on.
  • Point remote at TV and press vol + or vol -.
    If volume control works, try other TV functions to check remote is working properly.
  • If not working try steps above again. If given more than one code, try using other codes.
  • Press Sky to return to normal viewing. 

All other codes (even though they have 4 digits) should be entered the other way of:

• Select any channel on TV and point sky remote control away from TV.
  • If version 4 or below - disregard the leading '0' and ensure select is pressed after entering 3 digit code.
  • Press TV.
  • Press and hold down select and red together until red light at top of remote flashes twice.
  • Press select to store code, red light will flash twice to confirm a valid code has been entered.
  • Point remote at TV and press vol + or vol -. If volume works try other TV functions to check remote is working properly.
  • If not working, try steps above again. If given more than one code, try using one of other codes.
  • Press Sky to return to normal viewing. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
georgina81

Hi Kato my remote came with the sky box, I shall try these codes and get back to you. Thanks
georgina81

Hi Anne thanks for getting back to me, I cannt get the LED light to flash when trying to enter a 4 digit code, I've been trying it for a few days. Thanks
Occasional Visitor
kenkyeman

Sky remote code for Sony Bravia EX, NX and HX Series is 1853 which has all the functions for Remote version 9

hope this helps

Frequent Visitor
eric+paton

came on site to look for code for sony bravia oyu helped right away with 0533....  thank you

Occasional Visitor
DHPhoto

Hi - I have a Sony Bravia KDL32EX310 and our Sky Box is a Sky+, the Remote is an 8R. So far I have not been able to get the remote to control sound. Can you help? Thanks in advance.